Broken MAVIC Cossmax ST

Abnormaload!

I bought a set of those from cajees, and they told me that there is no weight limit on them..I later found out that they have a 100kg limit..Easton ea 90 xc...awesome wheels, no rider weight limit.

At 121 kg I doubt that anything off the shelf will be ideal - especially if it is 29".  In any event the OP is not going to get a replacement rim or better wheel built before the morning.  I can do a 32 spoke 26" or 29" by morning but as I said better to go for 36 spokes and those components will have to be ordered in from the agents.  I doubt any LBS will have ex stock.  Best option to borrow a wheel for the weekend and get the real thing next week.

Ok, lets put it out there!!!

If I build a new rim, what would an awesome combination be? 36 spokes? Hub?

Hope hubs and Stans rims - the biggest widest strongest ones they have.....

And 36 spokes for sure.... I have a road training wheelset built on 36 spokes - been bulletproof for more than 10 years - although I am a lightweight... 2 of me is one of you just about.

edit - so that would be flow ex - http://www.notubes.com/Flow-EX-Rims-C123.aspx

A couple of my exra large mates run these without issues so far - despite skills defieciencies...

As to spoke choice.... not the skinniest ones either.... I like the look of black spokes whrn they are new, but that does not last, so silver works better for me.

Edited by V12man

Die Antwoord - I laaik vem!

Hope Pro 11 Evo on wide ZTR Flow rims, 36 DB spokes, 4 cross with rim washers.

post-9363-0-70604600-1426513506_thumb.jpg

Second prize Spank Oozy 295 Trail on Hopes.  Couldn't readily get 36 hole rims but this is also an option for the big guys.

post-9363-0-47363800-1426513523_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifFlowHope1.jpg

Second prize Spank Oozy 295 Trail on Hopes.  Couldn't readily get 36 hole rims but this is also an option for the big guys.

attachicon.gifSpankHope1.jpg

The anticipation.....

attachicon.gifFlowHope1.jpg

attachicon.gifSpankHope1.jpg

36H 4 cross? You could probably drive a bus over those and they'd be fine...

:thumbup:  Got my new custom built wheels from Dave, Hope Pro 11 Evo on wide ZTR Flow rims, 36 DB spokes, 4 cross with rim washers!!!!!

Tomorrow morning is the day!!!!!! :clap: 

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Wow!!!! Went for my 1st ride this morning on the new rims!!! Feels like a totally different bike! Don't know how to explain it, but feedback from wheels are more direct.

One way to compare is riding my 1200 GSA, and then getting on my wifes 800 GS. 800 is a harder, more responsive ride. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

:thumbup:  Got my new custom built wheels from Dave, Hope Pro 11 Evo on wide ZTR Flow rims, 36 DB spokes, 4 cross with rim washers!!!!!

Tomorrow morning is the day!!!!!! :clap: 

Good plan = those should work just fine..