2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Reseed successful, will now start in C.

The way I see it in every group there will be some strong riders, but the lower the group, the fewer these riders become.

So by starting in C instead of F, there will be more guys with whom I can work because I have no doubt that at every hill there will be break aways and at 90 KG (my target for 94.7- now at 95) I just can't keep with the 70 - 80 kg okes. So if I get dropped up those hills I know there will be strong riders behind from C and the break away's from lower groups that I can work with...until the next hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way off in my case. My PPA seeding index is 20 yet I have an A batch starting time??

Was thinking of dropping back to B batch but this table makes me think C or D is more appropriate

Made me have a look at last years results.

Assuming the median (ie ~100th rider per batch of ~200) to be representative for the batch the riding time last year for A batch was 2.41 and 2.49 for B batch.

I have to say I'm quite impressed with the organisation of this race so far.

Applied to be reseeded yesterday, received a call this morning. And Ive been reseeded to i group. Better than ii. I rate I should be in E but I`ll take it.

Had the same experience. Super efficient.

Tombeej

**SNIP**

And the 'A' batch will be full of the best of the best young non-pros in the country (+ super fast ballies who smash their local club rides without breaking sweat but don't like racing in the vets). And they're all together in one bunch. So it tends to be much harder than what you experience in a 'normal' A bunch.

**SNIP**

IE: YOU Tom!!

No ways Scott - I think I'd get worked over in 'D' to be honest.

Have no idea what I'm doing in VC. The only positive is that I have a very early start....

On back of info checked last years results.

If I take the median rider (ie 100th out of a batch of 200) to be representative, A batch riding time was 2.41 and B batch took around 2.49 last year.

Is it possible that the table is based on the old route?

If I take the median rider (ie 100th out of a batch of 200) to be representative, A batch riding time was 2.41 and B batch took around 2.49 last year.

Nope, those are the top 5 finishers in each of those batches for 2014.

Naturally the high batches will have a tighter spread of riders close or relatively close to the batch winner times, and the lower bunches get more spread out along the course because they tend to have more widely disparate levels of rider mixed together. 

The table is really just to show people that no matter what batch they're in, there will always be strong riders dotted about the lower batches who will still get very good times.

I think it is actually, so probably more accurate to add around 5 minutes to that table.

I have to say I'm quite impressed with the organisation of this race so far.

Applied to be reseeded yesterday, received a call this morning. And Ive been reseeded to i group. Better than ii. I rate I should be in E but I`ll take it.

Flip this "I" batch seems popular, so much so that it makes be scared! 

So it seems they did use the R4V results for the seeding. I have a mate who has a good seeding, and the only race he has ever ridden is R4V.

I have too eat humble pie, and admit I was wrong. Turns out my friend has a rather *** seeding. I was looking at the wrong collection form. :oops:

Edit: Case of false advertising, or Cycle Challenge reneged on their "Official Seed Event Grant"?

post-41865-0-79888000-1442490441_thumb.png

Edited by GaryvdM

Reseed application also successful. Applied this morning and just got the call, really great administration provided. Moved up to D group (from G). Also support the view that there are likely to be more riders from an overall % of that group perspective that will achieve specific target times the higher one moves up in the groups, thereby (theoretically at least) making it easier to form better groups etc than having to work with only A small group of riders from the groups as one moves further down.

As 'I' group is clearly the place to be - I banish consideration of the racing snakes in A and upwards :whistling: - how about a quick straw poll of your time in last year's 94.7?

Mine was 3:40.

Hi Guys,

This has probably been stated somewhere, but i cant find it.

What is the latest time we should be in the pens for a Second loop? and which group would that be?

Got seeded in B and hoping for a 2:45. So that should mean i'm back at around 9:15/9:20 if all goes well.. wouldn't mind to freshen up, get some more supplies and then join the guys for a fun second loop..

thanks in advance

Edited by Wikusk