Running...it sucks!! but......

L.T.G

Congrats dude! A year's worth of Saturdays invested right there!

Only my third so I did the killing thing, except it was not on front!

Wonder whether you will get to 100 before I get to 50... :ph34r:  :devil:

Thanks Tube.

Yeah look I only missed 3 runs from the first one due to sickness or travelling so will make 100 this time next year!

My wife gets super antsy if she doesnt get her parkrun on a Saturday morning.

Its been a pain sometimes with most of the rides I want to do being on the same day or even having to rush from the parkrun to the start or a running or cycling race!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that besides for a good cardiovascular workout, running has absolutely no benefit to one's cycling, unless if you run stairs or uphill.

Fact runners CAN cycle, but cyclist CAN'T run......

Edited by Marnitz Nienaber

Huh? Of is ek net doff ......

Gotta substitute the can and cyclist the other way round

"but can cyclist run...." or

Add a question mark

"but cyclist can run?"

Either are the intended message me thinks!

Thanks Tube.

Yeah look I only missed 3 runs from the first one due to sickness or travelling so will make 100 this time next year!

My wife gets super antsy if she doesnt get her parkrun on a Saturday morning.

Its been a pain sometimes with most of the rides I want to do being on the same day or even having to rush from the parkrun to the start or a running or cycling race!

the irony of the parkrun is that the regular runners don't do it because it starts too late. By 8 i've already done my long weekend run. It was great in the off season, but now its just not feasible at all...and it annoys me..because i want a 50 next to my name!

Huh? Of is ek net doff ......

It's a typo I'm pretty sure. One "can" is supposed to be a "can't". But which one?

So, I read this thread on Friday and attempted a 3km run yesterday... I AM BROKEN! However, I know it will make me stronger... here is to the next 3km... or let's make it 5.

the irony of the parkrun is that the regular runners don't do it because it starts too late. By 8 i've already done my long weekend run. It was great in the off season, but now its just not feasible at all...and it annoys me..because i want a 50 next to my name!

If Im running properly then I normally just add the parkrun into my route and do a decent distance round around it. The days where Im super lazy end up just being parkrun!

We also have a group that does 15-35k on a Sunday morning so I sometimes do those for my long run.

So, I read this thread on Friday and attempted a 3km run yesterday... I AM BROKEN! However, I know it will make me stronger... here is to the next 3km... or let's make it 5.

Just dont go increasing the distance too fast no matter how you feel during the run.

That will just lead to injuries. Running can be quite hard on you and you have to increase distance slower than with cycling.

If Im running properly then I normally just add the parkrun into my route and do a decent distance round around it. The days where Im super lazy end up just being parkrun!

We also have a group that does 15-35k on a Sunday morning so I sometimes do those for my long run.

I have done that before - the annoying thing is that to do that I have to run through town to get back home - and by 8:30 it is quite busy and annoying trying to fight through cars and people...If my kids and wife do it then I do a long run before and end with the park run - then we all drive home

I have done that before - the annoying thing is that to do that I have to run through town to get back home - and by 8:30 it is quite busy and annoying trying to fight through cars and people...If my kids and wife do it then I do a long run before and end with the park run - then we all drive home

That really sucks, Im very fortunate in that my local parkrun is 3k's from my house and the route home is away from traffic(aside from 1000 people heading home from parkrun!)

Normally I can do a comfortable 10k's then arrive at the start warmed up. By the time I get home its around 18k's with two little breaks but a very hard 5k effort in the middle.

So... I ran once while I was away - along the Knysna Lagoon - I think between 3 and 4 kms max . Did walk on days on either side and not feeling too damaged. Muscle in my left bum cheek gets a bit tight but that's all I can feel really. Going to visit a running shoe shop in Stellenbosch on Wednesday to learn a bit more and investigate brands. Don't want to break the bank but I think my New Balance gym takkies may need replacing.

@ Uncle Wyatt - been following your chat on the Vibrams 5 fingers - I assume Cape Union Mart is where I should look for them but realistically I will run mainly on paved and tar surface - will the soles cope? I just assumed they are mainly meant for trail running?

PS. Googling them now anyway for a read up :)