What a shame. It will be interesting to see them make up the time over the remaining stages.

Sad that they got 1hr + 13 odd minutes. Felt the penalty was a bit harsh. But Consistent I think. I recall Burry and Suzi getting also getting a hour penalty. So it seems that is the default.

But they should still end up on the podium.

This is a shame, but in their form, my money would be on them to still take the win, no doubt they will ride the stuffing out of the field today.

Today is a nice long stage. They are going to take back the majority of the time if not all of it by today... Those girls are pure class. Last year they also had to ride back a time loss of 40+ minutes after a mechanical and they won the race in the end with about 40 minutes

RECM can't complain, I recon the marketing value of this little mishap is quite significant, but I still feel for them.

Even with the penalty they are "only" 27 minutes behind Ascendis,my money would be on them to be in Orange by the end of the day.

Edited by Cejay

Their Epic could've have ended a lot worse with Ariane crashing.

Lots of opportunity to make up that time.

Edited by Thomo

Arianne & Annika have already put 10 minutes into the field at Water Point 1, they may even be back in the lead today. It is incredible how these 2 can ride!

Arianne & Annika have already put 10 minutes into the field at Water Point 1, they may even be back in the lead today. It is incredible how these 2 can ride!

At this rate they will leading by 10 min by the end of the day. Those 2 are seriously strong.