Vitamin B Shots

V12man if I may pick your brain?

Many many moons ago I too was diagnosed with glandular fever of some sort.  All boils down to a form of Epsteinbar / yuppy flu etc etc.

Doc gave me beriglobin (sp?) and a Vitamin cocktail.

That cocktail.......It took almost 30minutes to get into my system.  I had to go put on new clothes afterwards.......HUGE sweat and dizzy.  Doc said it was the magnesium.

Why would this be I wonder?

Many many moons ago I too was diagnosed with glandular fever of some sort.  All boils down to a form of Epsteinbar / yuppy flu etc etc.

That cocktail.......It took almost 30minutes to get into my system.  I had to go put on new clothes afterwards.......HUGE sweat and dizzy.  Doc said it was the magnesium.

I had the same effect with the last Vit B12 about 6 months ago, Berigloben works 100% for me for the flu / bronchitis, but the B12 was always a good "energy" assist every 2-3 months. Interested in Doc V12's response too

have a good relationship with your local Pharmacy and ..no probs ,30 bucks a shot,,it helps.

I had similar issues, ended up on antibiotics, cortisone & a nice shiny new set of grommets @ 40 FFS!!!!!

Doc recons I have allergies (yeah I get hay fever)

He recons that with cycling & breathing hard, I'm cycling many more litres of air through my system, along with all the allergens floating around in it.

Hence the issues.

use it, don't use it.

Many many moons ago I too was diagnosed with glandular fever of some sort. All boils down to a form of Epsteinbar / yuppy flu etc etc.

That cocktail.......It took almost 30minutes to get into my system. I had to go put on new clothes afterwards.......HUGE sweat and dizzy. Doc said it was the magnesium.

depends what was in the cocktail exactly - would not of thought.magnesium would give you a hot flush - but there are other vits that do for sure. Interesting side effect... want to try something to see?

depends what was in the cocktail exactly - would not of thought.magnesium would give you a hot flush - but there are other vits that do for sure. Interesting side effect... want to try something to see?

Well......that was the nurse's response when I asked her why I was drowning in my own sweat.

She just smiled and gave me a lollypop so that I don't pass out.  :lol:

Well......that was the nurse's response when I asked her why I was drowning in my own sweat.

She just smiled and gave me a lollypop so that I don't pass out.  :lol:

Much more likely to be something else in the cocktail than magnesium (which is often used to reduce hot flushes in pre menopausal women)

My guess would be sensitivity to B1 or Niacin/Nicotinic acid (one of the B group vitamins - had to look this up but it's B3) - you can take this on an empty stomach and see if you flush within 10 - 30 minutes - it is often reccomended as a daily supplement to improve your serum lipid profile - my favorite vascular guy is a big fan of this as a supplement.

Taken after a meal you generally don't see any flushing effect, unless you are maxing out dosages.

I