WARRANTY???

Token

not insurance, if there is defective in materials and/or workmanship do most products still cover the warrenty if the product is used in competition?

Depends on the brand of bike or any other specific equipment. I've had a few warranty replacements on road bike frames.

Most big companies wont even bother in asking if you used the bike for competition. If its clear that the damage is from a crash you wont get a replacement. The only problem I had was with a well known italian brand bike. When the frame cracked I got told by the suppliers to take it up with the manufacturer...Unhappy

Sometimes the warrenty is void if you use the item for anything other then looking at it.

Yes Ellsworth rings a bell. Fortunaltey there are manufacturers who understand that the bits they make is intended for use...

I saw on SC last night a guy walking over the finish line with a Silverback in two pieces. It happenend at the Lost City MTB race. Do you think he will get a replacement?

A warranty is provided for manufacturer defects - in other words there must have been something wrong with the equipment for it to fail.  Most manufacturers apply the warranty leniently and will repair/replace anything that has not suffered gross abuse.

Well heres the thing,  i was out on a training ride and my crank just cracked.  Its 20months old and has a 2 year warrenty,  never crashed on it and looks good.  Now they tell me that it is not under warrenty cause i have used it in competition in the past.    Would you say its normal???   Ive had whole cracked frames replace no questions asked in the past.

Ask them to prove it. They're gonna struggle just as much proving that you did, then you do that you didn't. Does/do/did/am that making sense?

Shimano right? I've had the exact same *** from them before on a XTR Seatpost and a set of XTR Shifters, in fact the bastards didn't even bother sending the stuff back to me!

According to me, don't you buy a bike to use it in competition.

Who will spen R 15 000 + on a bike and then not use it in races?  Oh they mean you buy something like the Madone to ride to the corner cafe.

Dude, that sucks. Especially when your online name is the brand, Ouch!

IanC, you buy bikes as delivery bikes for your company, I thought everyone knew that?