WARRANTY???

Token

Explanation of Warranty: It is the product users? responsibility to examine the product on a regular basis to determine the need for service or replacement. Not covered under this warranty are the following:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

?         Token products that have been modified, neglected, or poorly maintained.

?         Token products that have been used in competition, stunt riding, or for commercial use.

?         Damage to products improperly installed or repaired.

?         Damage from causes other than defects in materials and workmanship such as a user?s lack of skill, competence, or experience.

?         Any labor costs associated with the removal, replacement, or reassembly of the product.

?         Normal wear and tear during use of the product.

Most cyclists are "RECREATIONAL CYCLISTS". Only the licensed rider.... those okes whose prize munny is sponsored by RECREATIONAL cyslist take place in competition. If they have to pay to buy a new one by all means, rmember we sponsor them!!!!!

The warranty is normally inplace for the fun or recreational cyclist. Competition is only when you (or can) receive munny for it.

Shimano right? I've had the exact same *** from them before on a XTR Seatpost and a set of XTR Shifters' date=' in fact the bastards didn't even bother sending the stuff back to me![/quote']

Naut bru, never had a issue with them, Shimano Europe that is.

My M965 flippy shifters developed unusual paly in the lever so they replaced it with the M966 set.

They later got back to me and said the wear was in tolerance but they were happy to have my old levers to check if there was a quality control issue.

Warranty on XTR bits is 3 yrs

Shimano Eurpoe are the exact people I'm talking about, the bonding on my XTR seatpost came loose, I sent it to them along with my XTR 9 speed shifters, the casing actually just started crumbling, not sure why? But anyway, they then phoned Coolheat and said you guys must deal with it, so Coolheat said no warranty and my beautiful components were never given back to me, I wrote coutless mails about this and even brought it up at the Shimano Launch 2 years ago, still no response. It's quite a sore point for me. Do you know how rare those XTR seatposts were!?

TitusTi: Strange, I had a 8month old Campy BB give crap...LBS (Crown Cycles) phoned J&J who sent a replacement before even receiving the busted one; no questions asked...was told by Lea that I would have been told by other shops "it's a moving part, so wouldn't have been under warranty"

...can't fault J&J nor Campy LOLThumbs%20Up

Yeah they were rare but you can still find them on-line.

Last time I checked Andrew at deesidecycles.com had a few left in stock.

Sounds to me that it's more a case of Coolheat making a decision than Shimano Europe saying no. I have found the guys in Holland to be approachable and they stand by the product

ravx are also pretty good about warranty issues... last year i went and did the mintek night race one week with a brand new light... per usual i managed to fall (but not at high speed or anything) and the light SHATTERED into a million little pieces. the guy i'd bought it from wasn't even interested in trying to assist so I sent an email to Ravx stating that i would've expected a bike sold as an mtb light to be able to handle a bump or two. next thing they delivered a replacement to my office! end of the day, we as cyclists need to talk to each other and support the suppliers who support us through honouring their warranties and helping to keep us on our bikes so to say.

Sometimes the warrenty is void if you use the item for anything other then looking at it.

Yes Ellsworth rings a bell....

That's a shame, I suppose now I'll have to scrap that off the..... must have list! UnhappyThe Thug2006-09-21 03:06:06

I think it could also depend on your LBS. They can probably exert pressure on a supplier/manufacturer more so than you alone could. If you have a good relationship with you LBS, they might be able to help.

I think it could also depend on your LBS. They can probably exert pressure on a supplier/manufacturer more so than you alone could. If you have a good relationship with you LBS' date=' they might be able to help.[/quote']

This is true but in my experience speaking nicely to the supplier is a more effective way. The LBS after making the sale seldom wants to get involved in warranty of low value items. They spin their own stores simply because they're too lazy to even try.

That Said I do know a few LBS who have gone the extra mile, but generally the supplier has more vested interest in your happiness with the product than the LBS.