Really suspicious......is it stolen?

Cactus

Hi guys, forgive me if I'm posting on the wrong forum....The Hub has become quite bewildering.....So my missus needs to stop off at the local chemist this afternoon.  I notice that parked outside the adjoining cafe is a beautiful Cannondale, Dura-Ace shifters, beautiful DT Swiss wheels....really kitted out and but seriously blinged with a great big padlock on the saddle rails ....I asked the 'owner', dressed in a very well used blue overall and gumboots, where he bought such a beautiful machine.  He laughs and tells me that it belongs to his boss who lets him use it daily.......SERIOUSLY!!!!!  I'm not convinced...........(Roodekrans, Roodepoort)

O come on, there are many bleeding heart liberal "Bosses" that loan their DA equipped Dales to their employees.. How dare you? NOT!!

O come on, there are many bleeding heart liberal "Bosses" that loan their DA equipped Dales to their employees.. How dare you? NOT!!

Helen Zille's lot are equipping 'Dales now?

I'm not convinced...........(Roodekrans, Roodepoort)

You should have obtain the frame number (of this suspected stolen bike) & the full face photo of the "current-owner" with your cellphone at least.

but then again, the other hubber is correct, you should have "reprocessed" that bike & find the actual owner once it's in your hands

Edited by The_black_stig

• 1 month later...

No Jokes

I was tralling the web and came across what must be this very Bike advertised on OLX by Cash Crusaders Roodepoort Branch, selling for R10,000 neg. See http://soweto.olx.co.za/cannondale-iid-797995318

From the pics that I could make out, judging by the paint scheme, DT swiss wheels, crank etc. it looks like a 2012 SuperSix Evo Ultimate - RRP: US$12,100 new!!!  http://www.cannondale.com/nam_en/2012-supersix-evo-ultimate-21328

So I called CC and it was already sold!!!

So how would you go about checking if it was stolen even if you had the serial no/code? I have a cannondale and bought it 2nd hand and did everything I could to check but to no avail

Tired of these thieving basturds now. Hope someone sees it and can trace it. Cash converters should have ID copies of the seller if they work how they are supposed to.