2015 magalies monster

Runbikeswim

One of the "pro's" that knows him quite well, spoke to him afterwards and told him to listen to his body and not to try and proof a point. A race is not as important as his health. This seems to have made a big impact, hopefully he has learnt his lesson.

He is feeling better, I left him at home yesterday with a bag of meds and he felt better by last night. He went to school today and is going training afterwards. I told him to only train lightly and not to train at all if he doesn't feel well enough.

Now next step... get him to stop training while on meds..

These kids, they don't have ears..he only feels better because of all the meds, he isn't healthy yet.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always an awesome event. Well done to all the organizers, sponsors and marshals.

Definitely back next year, hopefully much fitter.

Also thanks to all the guys on the track for the advice on cramps etc.

Just wish some of the track was open during the year for practice and weekend fun

Hated it.

soft sand, soft sand and more soft sand with a bit of grass in it here and there.

Preferred the 2013 route a lot more.

Got to the top of Breedts in around 2h20 thereabouts and had a sense of humour failure before getting onto the tar heading to crystal waters / canopy tours.

That soft sand loop was totally unnecessary.

Threw my toys and sulked to finish in 5 hours flat... MikeBike and I having a jabber all the way back from the 50km mark.

The energy saved while in sulk mode was spent on drinking beer at the pub

After 2 years of zero racing, even a *** race is awesome.

Didn't see you there. Where'd you start, batch wise...?

I managed a 4:38 From B.

Now next step... get him to stop training while on meds..

These kids, they don't have ears..he only feels better because of all the meds, he isn't healthy yet.

As with most things in life, there may be bigger side effects only really appearing later on in his life.

Racing on meds & when ill is not advisable - not even for young bullets with youth on their side.

As with most things in life, there may be bigger side effects only really appearing later on in his life.

Racing on meds & when ill is not advisable - not even for young bullets with youth on their side.

He was not sick before the race but obviously had an underlying bug of some sort. I would not have allowed him to race if he was visibly ill.

I spoke to his trainer about his training this afternoon, they will do some "bike cleaning" instead of physical training to give him time to recover. He's doing Nissan Trailseeker on Saturday but I'll get the doctor to clear him before allowing him to race.

After 2 years of zero racing, even a *** race is awesome.

Didn't see you there. Where'd you start, batch wise...?

I managed a 4:38 From B.

I started batch B as well.

Your time is what I had in mind when I started.

Nice time, well done!!

Did this race in 2008 or something.  Felt all wrong BEFORE the 45km turnoff.  Had a quick conversation with myself and decided to carry on 'how hard can it be anyway?'  

Bonked 5min later on the hill you ride up to get to the hill... the next few hours were the worst I've ever had on (off?) a bike - was a death crawl up the hill, even worse going down the other side - and then dragged my sorry carcass to the end in hours.  

Next time I need a short conversation with myself, I will definitely take the sensible route.

Actually, I probably won't.  I'm doff that way.  But I haven't done MM since...  :ph34r:

Did this race in 2008 or something. Felt all wrong BEFORE the 45km turnoff. Had a quick conversation with myself and decided to carry on 'how hard can it be anyway?'

Bonked 5min later on the hill you ride up to get to the hill... the next few hours were the worst I've ever had on (off?) a bike - was a death crawl up the hill, even worse going down the other side - and then dragged my sorry carcass to the end in hours.

Next time I need a short conversation with myself, I will definitely take the sensible route.

Actually, I probably won't. I'm doff that way. But I haven't done MM since... :ph34r:

Sounds very similar to my ride on Saturday

Had a look at the results again. Some guy started in group 5 and finished just ahead of the 2nd lady.... Must have a had a stormer of a ride!

Had a look at the results again. Some guy started in group 5 and finished just ahead of the 2nd lady.... Must have a had a stormer of a ride!

Ya, its annoying. Either he jumped batches, or threw in the towel at a 45km split and headed home, still crossing the line like a knob. Both should result in a DQ.

There was another one from D and another from E batch a bit further down the list too.

Ya, its annoying. Either he jumped batches, or threw in the towel at a 45km split and headed home, still crossing the line like a knob. Both should result in a DQ.

There was another one from D and another from E batch a bit further down the list too.

I started in D and also finished on page 2. Hard work 'fighting' through the field. Hopefully I will get more SAS races in before next year and get a better seeding. Awesome ride / race as always :)

Edited by Izak