Riding and training partner (Southern Suburbs Cape Town)

jaypaul

Hi everyone,

so I am looking for one or two mountain biking buddies. I used to ride in Tokai perfectly on my own as I knew it like the back of my hand but with Tokai closed, after 2 years of staying away from the Block House I decided last weekend to go on a ride there but turned around half-way due to safety reasons.

I am an average rider with intermediate skills trying to up my miles for longer races. So if there's anyone in the Southern Suburbs, mostly in the Claremont / Newlands / Rondebosch and surrounding areas who is keen on going for rides and around the same skills level, get in touch and let's see how it goes.

Thanks.

Do you maybe have a previous race time so can gauge how strong you are?

Hi romanr03,

before posting I did see your post about also looking for a riding partner in the area as well. However I didn't reply because I think you're looking for a much fitter / faster rider than I am.

I did most of my races in 2012 / 2013, most of them being around 30/35K with an average time of 2 Hours exactly. I've skipped most of 2014 and only really restarted riding in December. I'm still bringing my fitness up to speed to be honest and I've got quite a bit of work to do in that regard (got a couple of 40KM and 50KM races planned). Hence more looking for an average rider I can progress with but not necessarily struggle to keep pace with. Hehe

now, you sound like my kind a rider.... I don't do long distances (thats for the road bike) but keen to roll 30 - 50 around the front of the mountain with the single track, PP and some fun DH-ish stuff. Happy to ride the the block house but haven't bothered before, looks more fun going down. Here to town is okay as well, I can pretend to do XC. Keen to see all the trails around Rhodes. Found a few 'secret ones' that are good fun as well. 

i live just below the Blockhouse and i keen to join for rides around TBM. I normally ride for 2 hours before i throw in the towel but im also trying to get my fitness back up to where it was a few years ago.

Give me a shout when you are keen. 

Howdy

We have a small Whatsapp group for riding around the area - all very social and relaxed bunch. Feel free to PM me your number and I can add you.

Tom

Hi, anyone riding tomorrow morning I'm in town for the weekend and keen for a ride staying close to Tokai