Fitting ESI Grips

finallygotabike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried a bunch of methods but the easiest for me was meths, just squirt a bunch into the grip and a bit on the bars, slide on and position.

Leave it for an hour or so and its good to go.

Windowlene cleaner...Evaporates quick. You can pretty much use the grips right away...Well I did yesterday anyway :)

Soap leaves too much residue and takes longer to dry and be usable 

Edited by Thermophage

Windowlene and a bit of elbow grease to push grip onto handle bar. 

To remove grip use a old spoke rounded off at the end to push under grip. Spray Windowlene  between grip and handle bar.

Remove spoke and more elbow grease start twist and pull motion.

Whala the grip is off. 

A quick tip and sounds counter intuitive but put the bar end into the handlebar before slipping over the grip. It even says to do it on the packaging and I thought it was weird. Did it, worked like a charm after almost taking up drinking again

5 minutes in water worked for me together with using some gloves and lotsa elbow grease.

Edited by wisecrack

5 minutes in water worked for me together with using some gloves and lotsa elbow grease.

Some dishwashing liquid would have saved you the elbow grease[emoji3][emoji3]

I love these grips, comfortable, light, stay put and they also stop me from buying new gear levers or a matchmaker as the thought of removing the grips fills me with dread.