Review: Vee Crown F tyres

Iwan Kemp

The Vee Tire Co. Crown series features three new enduro/all-mountain tyres, designed with the help of former BMX and downhill world champion Mike King. Vee Tire Co. have been manufacturing well-respected OEM and value tyres for years. They recently began to take their offerings upmarket, first with fat bike tyres and now the Crown series. Although not a household name in South Africa, Vee Tire Co., along with their local distributor, are working hard to get our attention.

Click here to view the article

Will have one on the bike soon for a review

Nice. My rear Ardent has about 1000km left in it, so I'm already looking at replacement options.

I tried the Crown R. Love the tread pattern, it's fast and corners well. The bead on the tire is near non existent though, both the front and back tires blew off the rim on the first and second ride. Tire pressure was 2.3 and it happened while going in a straight line, not cornering. This was on ZTR Arch rims. If the bead was improved this would be an awesome tire.

Nice. My rear Ardent has about 1000km left in it, so I'm already looking at replacement options.

Stay tuned...

I am looking for the 650B option. Any sellers ?

Imported by the same guys who do Stans so should be available through your LBS.