Hi everyone,

I am new in Cape Town, recently moved from George. I am looking for a MTB group to join over weekends. I am not a strong rider but I need to train for Knysna Oyster festival & Karoo to Coast.

What groups are available to join??

Hi there and Welcome to the Kaap Stad :-)

If you are close to Durbanville area, then join the Tygerberg MTB .. they have fantastic trails and some great socials..

Then there is The Table Mountain Bikers.. For those stunning rides around the big mountain...

Have Fun and Ride safe

T-Bag

The Ladies Mtb Social Group on FB to hunt for a partner.

Also the Earth Chicks on FB

Mtb Why ride alone. Slowcoach - all FB groups

Really depends where you are based. But put up a post on the sites and see what feed back you get. Also mention when you can ride as then it's easier to narrow down a search. There are a few ppl that ride in the week and often rides going out on weekends. If will take some hit and miss to find the ideal group but one or 2 buddies is a good thing!

Like the guys mentioned, tygerberg mtb club is your best bet for the northern subs and table mountain if you're based in CBD/southern subs. TBMC have awesome trails and the weekly nightride at bloemendal thats great fun and you get to meet weird mtb people afterwards while enjoying a beer or glass of wine;-)

Like the guys mentioned, tygerberg mtb club is your best bet for the northern subs and table mountain if you're based in CBD/southern subs. TBMC have awesome trails and the weekly nightride at bloemendal thats great fun and you get to meet weird mtb people afterwards while enjoying a beer or glass of wine;-)

^^^^ this ^^^^. Welcome to Kaapfontein

My mates and I ( a mixed group ) ride each weekend at a variety of places like Meerendal, Grabouw/Elgin, Rheebokskloof and Delvera. Not sure if our mellow pace will suit you for training but you are welcome to ride with us anytime. PM me if you are interested.

Hi everyone,

I am new in Cape Town, recently moved from George. I am looking for a MTB group to join over weekends. I am not a strong rider but I need to train for Knysna Oyster festival & Karoo to Coast.

What groups are available to join??

A +1 on the recommendations for Tygerberg Mtb and Table Mountain Mtb. Also contact Wannabees as they manage an extensive network of trails in the Somerset West area. Not sure if they arrange rides but they may know who does for that area. Also have a chat with various lbs's as they may know of other groups.

Welcome to Skaapstad and Le Hub!

Hey Caro

I live in Newlands but regularly ride table Mountain and Tygerberg MTB trails on weekends. Im pretty flexible as to when I ride. pop me a pm if you interested to join. Im pretty much aiming at the same races you are. 

The Ladies Mtb Social Group on FB to hunt for a partner.

Also the Earth Chicks on FB

Mtb Why ride alone. Slowcoach - all FB groups

Really depends where you are based. But put up a post on the sites and see what feed back you get. Also mention when you can ride as then it's easier to narrow down a search. There are a few ppl that ride in the week and often rides going out on weekends. If will take some hit and miss to find the ideal group but one or 2 buddies is a good thing!

Wifey wants to ride the trails alone, but im against it. Sometimes im very paranoid...anything can happen in the mountain. But don't think she will go out and look for riding buddies as she is very shy. What to do???