2015 Coronation Double Century

Chris NewbyFraser

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few Iron men in this group. I think if the MTN Pro's had it their way they would not be riding an event like this in the off season.

I suspect they will be the weak links in a team of this calibre.

Giants still have an advantage in they know what is needed to win this race. Sometimes races are won with brains and not just brute strength.

Still - the competition for podium spots is looking rather tight!

Giants still have an advantage in they know what is needed to win this race. Sometimes races are won with brains and not just brute strength.

Its rather the case that the Ironman guys will take MTN onto the top step, they have brought in some heavy hitters who know how to lay down the watts for hours on end. There aren't too many corners so they should be ok, but someone better tell them not to leave their bikes at the Bonnievale stop run the last 40 km

Any team looking for a rider?

Due to some cockup I'm teamless but very keen to ride the DC. Any team that has an opening and is looking to ride for 6 hours 30 minutes or more will suit.

Oh, and I'm a great mechanic!

Hey , my team might have a spot open . will know by tomorrow . Our aim is the charles milner medal tho.

Hey , my team might have a spot open . will know by tomorrow . Our aim is the charles milner medal tho.

Thanks. I got an offer last night and now am in for a whole lot of pain.

I have been looking at this race for a long time but had no way to decide whether I can/ should do it. Last week I did  2 laps of the 947 with about 30min break in the middle. It panned out OK - so now the noob question: How many meters of climbing is there? How do the riders do it - equal splits or is the second much slower/faster?

Good luck to all. Hope to join you next time.

I have been looking at this race for a long time but had no way to decide whether I can/ should do it. Last week I did  2 laps of the 947 with about 30min break in the middle. It panned out OK - so now the noob question: How many meters of climbing is there? How do the riders do it - equal splits or is the second much slower/faster?

We have a spot open ?

This is such a unique race. Not sure if you followed the whole I Team buzz the chaps were trying to get going but the DC just IS that on roids! It's not so much a race but more a team trial, so you literally race together working as well as you possibly can. There are 2 forced breaks during the distance where you refuel. The total climb is 3315m with the bulk of the climbing done by 70clicks in. It's 1 big loop so there's no laps. Check out the route and profile here:

http://www.coronationdc.co.za/route/

Beware: If you can make it down and do this, it WILL become one of your must do events for every year!

What about the weather, do you think if its pouring, full on pros might call it a day as an accident in a funride is not worth ruining next season?

This is such a unique race. Not sure if you followed the whole I Team buzz the chaps were trying to get going but the DC just IS that on roids! It's not so much a race but more a team trial, so you literally race together working as well as you possibly can. There are 2 forced breaks during the distance where you refuel. The total climb is 3315m with the bulk of the climbing done by 70clicks in. It's 1 big loop so there's no laps. Check out the route and profile here:

http://www.coronationdc.co.za/route/

Beware: If you can make it down and do this, it WILL become one of your must do events for every year!

Did you just use a roids reference :0