List of Dirt Jumps

Random12345

For a long time I've wished there was a list of dirt jumps because I've always heard all these names thrown around

but never known where they are and everyone I ask never seems to know. Please also post directions, a description and pictures if possible.

Which area are you in?

Here are the spots I know of around JHB/pretoria

Wolwespruit jump line (currently maintained)

11041872_10153089799510891_2953325792748

The main line is a row of table tops going down a hill, they start off small but get bigger as the speed picks up, the last ones are probably 4-5m long and pretty steep. While these aren't really what most people would call dirt jumps, they are pretty fun and mostly beginner friendly.

Directions - http://www.wolwespruit.co.za/

PWC cycle park (maintained?)

There are a few lines to choose from, some smaller tables well suited to beginners, and some bigger, steeper doubles. There is also a seperate "jump track" with different sized table tops that are beginner friendly (seemingly every child and their parents have a go)

directions - www.bikepark.co.za

Ruperts/Eastside (maintained sometimes I think)

1378455_554582374613375_1423968693_n.jpg

These are what you would call proper dirt jumps! They are big, steep, and not for beginners. 

There is a little line to the right when I was there, but it doesn't prepare you at all for the main line ;)

Here is me failing, then figuring them out.

Location: undisclosed, no build no ride (JHB East, contact Anthony Brookes or David Hogan)

Scout Hall Dirt Jumps (currently not maintained)

These are a bit more friendly to beginners, starting with a small table top before going into the gap jumps that aren't as big or steep as the Eastside jumps.

189743_561098413906755_564688294_n.jpg?o

Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/tol4C

I think those are all I know of, maybe others can add

There are also the different jump lines along the spruit.

Byron Line- Just by the victory park virgin active

Delta park tree line- old line on the north of the park that has seen some serious and much needed revamping

Bomb-hole- as you head north down the spruit this feature is one of the first that you encounter

Bundaberg line- fun fast swooping line that you can access if you cross the pedestrian bridge over the spruit

Hurlingham line- fun area that regularly gets revamped. used to have a monster gap jump (8m?)

Poplar line- Another line in hurlingham which used to be situated in a forest of poplar trees- the trees are now gone but the line remains.

DHL- DA HUGE LINE!- legendary line on the spruit just after the william nicole pick n pay, Now sadly unused because of a massive number of people living there.