Review: Easy Motion NEO pedal assist e-bike

Iwan Kemp

have ridden one of their earlier 26inch bikes. they are surprisingly easy to ride and the electric assist is quite natural to ride with.

i can see these becoming more and more commonplace, strava here we come.

just rode a Haibike with an electric motor. very weird sensation accelerating, definitely something to get the hole shot.

I think I would prefer something in a commuter format that a full suspenion 29er MTB.

Thanks for the review, well written and informative. 

Yikes! your skills go well beyond the general use for this bike - impressed.

My dad is off to order one of these this morning, he has been eyeing one for months and this review clinched it for him. He's well into his 70's and still rides and tours overseas each year, this bike will take his ability back to where he was about 10 years ago I imagine. 

Haven't seen him so excited about a bike in many many years - he's like a kid with excitement about the possibilities it is going to offer him.

It really could be a game changer for him in terms of a sport and a place he loves riding which was in obvious decline - now offering him a whole lot of opportunities again.

From my side I think it will be a lot safer for him, sadly a wobbly cyclist is not given any room for movement on our narrow congested roads and the cyclist will be the major casualty. This bike offers a 'weaker' rider the ability to hold a line with confidence on a hill.

My problem is now my dad wants to ride with me again and I am afraid I might be a bit like that guy trying to hang on the back of the bunch.....the wheel turns.