Best place for carbon repairs

GP du Randt

yep ..these are the Pros in the business..manufacturer recommended ! from around R5k for a proper repair and respray with lifetime guarantee.. other locals doing it will charge around half of them.. +-R2500

https://carbonbikerepair.co.za will also use the exact same carbon layup thickness as manufacturer

originally from the UK ..  carbonbikerepair.co.uk

Edited by shade

https://www.instagram.com/carbonbikerepairsa/?hl=en

I did a search and read through most of the results on "carbon repair" on this forum, but I'm at a loss of where to take my bike for a COMPLETE repair quote after a bad fall.

I'm particularly looking for a good place between alberton and the Jhb highway ring (so not benoni or fourways please). I've emailed Complete Cyclist in Randburg, as they deal with Specialized bikes and mine is an old Specialized, but 3 days later no response.

Can anyone please advise a good place to go to between the areas mentioned above? I'm looking to get a quote for a carbon frame repair, broken spokes & wheel truing, some accessories needing repair and the bottom bracket/crank arm is making a clicking feeling :wacko:

yep ..these are the Pros in the business..manufacturer recommended ! from around R5k for a proper repair and respray with lifetime guarantee.. other locals doing it will charge around half of them.. +-R2500

https://carbonbikerepair.co.za will also use the exact same carbon layup thickness as manufacturer

Just beware, as far as I know any repairs do come with a warranty but some manufacturers will invalidate the frame warranty even for paintwork so just make sure before you take the plunge.

Its further south than Alberton and not massively professional in respect of carbon repairs but there isn't too much science involved when you delve into how its done...try Circus Cycling near Henly just off the R59...they can fix the rest of your bike and won't break the bank. Chat to Marcel...

I've already contacted carbonbikerepair and received a quote for repairs and partial respray, but they only quoted for the frame and that doesn't solve the expenses for the other parts broken, like the spokes etc. Ideally I'd like 1 quote for everything so as to make it simpler for insurance.

Just beware, as far as I know any repairs do come with a warranty but some manufacturers will invalidate the frame warranty even for paintwork so just make sure before you take the plunge.

Its further south than Alberton and not massively professional in respect of carbon repairs but there isn't too much science involved when you delve into how its done...try Circus Cycling near Henly just off the R59...they can fix the rest of your bike and won't break the bank. Chat to Marcel...

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm near the area Sunday, will go take a look :thumbup:

Not sure about that statement as any repair involves overlapping

• 7 months later...

Reviving this. Looking for a carbon repair in GAUTENG area (Jhb/pta), i have heard of CBR, but heard they can be pricey. Tried to get hold of bespoke carbon but not answer (perhaps closed these days?), can anyone recommend anyone “smaller” guy that does carbon repairs?

Not looking for fancy art work, just want the frame repaired so I can ride the bike!

Reviving this. Looking for a carbon repair in GAUTENG area (Jhb/pta), i have heard of CBR, but heard they can be pricey. Tried to get hold of bespoke carbon but not answer (perhaps closed these days?), can anyone recommend anyone “smaller” guy that does carbon repairs?

Not looking for fancy art work, just want the frame repaired so I can ride the bike!

Not sure I would feel safe on a bike that was repaired by sommer any cheap guy. It's like taking your car to a cheap panel beater, yes it might look OK but 2 weeks down the line the bumper falls off and you have a hell of a crash. Now imagine that on your bike.