Durban riding (road) week of 27/04 to 01/05

Funky

Hi all,

I will be coming down to DBN to ride the Tour of Durban on the 26th April, & will in DBN for the rest of that week, so would like to get some riding in while there.

I will be staying at Garden Court South Beach, and would like to know if there are any group rides/routes that one can recommend. 

Other than the 20 odd kms that I can get done on the beachfront, looking for routes/rides that are a little longer on the road bike.

Thanks, appreciate any advise.

When do you go back?  You are welcome to join our East Coast Cycling Club ride on Saturday and Sunday from Suncoast at 6.00am.  I am the chairman of the club.

A Batch ± 30kmh, B Batch ± 26kmh.

There is also the Deloitte Challenge on Friday 1 May - http://www.deloittechallenge.co.za

I will PM you my cell number so we can chat through some options for you.

Hi, Thanks for the info.

I leave back to JHB on the 4th May.

Won't be able to ride with your group on Sunday the 3rd, but will try to see if I can ride on Saturday the 2nd with your group. 

What distance would you guys cover on the Saturday. 

Might just to the Deloitte ride too :-) 

Thanks, will give you a call when I get a break.

Depending which batch you ride with it can be anything from 80kms (A) to 36kms (D).

We will also do a nice easy loosener on the Sat 26th before Tour Durban. Probably 50-ish kms.

Thanks Daryl,

I would probably ride the 80kms with your A group.

Won't be able to make the pre Tour Durban ride, as I only arrive on the Saturday.

Will definitely try & join your group for the following Saturday ride.

Tried calling you earlier, for some reason, just disconnecting, will try again later.

Thanks for all your assistance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Daryl,

I would probably ride the 80kms with your A group.

Won't be able to make the pre Tour Durban ride, as I only arrive on the Saturday.

Will definitely try & join your group for the following Saturday ride.

Tried calling you earlier, for some reason, just disconnecting, will try again later.

Thanks for all your assistance. 

Howzit.  I may not be there on Saturday morning now as I'm going to be doing the Hibiscus Coast Challenge on Saturday afternoon.  80kms with full road closure around Margate.  Starts at 1.00pm. If you want details, let me know or enter online at www.roag.co.za

However, don't let this stop you joining our club ride.  All the other guys will be there.  Just look for the guys in the East Coast Cycling kit in the Suncoast parking lot and introduce yourself.  We are known as the "friendly club" so you will be welcomed.

By the way, what batch are you starting in for TD?

Cheers.

Hi Dazshell

I am keen to join up with you guys.

What time will you ride tomorrow morning from sun coast ?

Also will you guys be riding on Monday the public holiday after Tour Durban ?

Hi Dazshell

I am keen to join up with you guys.

What time will you ride tomorrow morning from sun coast ?

Also will you guys be riding on Monday the public holiday after Tour Durban ?

6.00am from the main Suncoast parking.  The one to the left of the parking entrance.  Free parking.  I am sure there will be some riders on Monday.  No official club ride thought but I will be keen for a light ride to spin the legs out.  If I do ride, it will be 6.00am as well.

Just be aware that the Saturday ride will be very chilled and only about 35 - 40kms, just to get into the groove for Sunday.

Edited by Dazshell