Time to Get the Hell Out of Here...

stretch, i would not understand you right i got a green mamba that gives me entry to swaziland, bots,mauritius

all i know if i had a british passport i would do anything i could to get my family out, even if it means i drag my ex wife with bound and gagged (only to get my eldest daughter)

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was one of the things that worried me when i made the choice to move.I worked in the townships and saw the conflict between the locals and foreigners.

I have also worked in a few African states and one thing is always the same......things went sour in a few days.Not months or days but hours.

Many of these guys are ex-military that fled to SA to seek refuge from prosecution in Nigeria and Somalia for war crimes.Some were pirates pirates before moving down South.They also have affiliation to terrorist groups.Many of these guys have access to firearms and i really hope the SA government takes threats like this seriously.

​They will make the streets of SA their battlegrounds and the Army and SAPS can't cope.

Foreigners threaten guerilla warfare

Durban - Despite being attacked, having their shops looted and being left stranded, foreign nationals were on Tuesday adamant that they would not be forced out of the city of Durban. 

Some of those affected by the growing xenophobic violence sweeping through several areas of Durban vowed to resort to guerrilla warfare to defend themselves. 

“We will defend ourselves.We will retaliate in full force,” irate shop owner Richard Condonso told the African News Agency. 

Tensions remained high in central Durban on Tuesday night as the violence spilled over into neighbouring areas, with locals and foreigners at each other’s throats. 

The streets were strewn with rubbish - evidence of shops being looted. 

Despite, police reinforcements from around the country being deployed as the tensions mounted, foreign nationals felt officers had disappointed them by not offering enough protection against their attackers. 

“We are under attack, people are coming from everywhere. Cops are sitting back and let it go on. Maybe they are tired of us. I suspect they also attack us when not in uniform,” said Condonso. 

The foreign nationals claim about 15 people have lost their lives during the attacks. They claim five children were burnt to death in Isiphingo, south of Durban, while in another attack in KwaMashu, north of Durban, a group of foreigners were locked inside a house and burnt to death. 

The foreigners ANA spoke to felt Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithin’s utterances in March during a moral regeneration event in Pongolo were to blame for the violent attacks on them. 

“We are requesting those who come from outside to please go back to their countries,” Zwelithini reportedly said. 

“The fact that there were countries that played a role in the country’s struggle for liberation should not be used as an excuse to create a situation where foreigners are allowed to inconvenience locals. I know you were in their countries during the struggle for liberation. But the fact of the matter is you did not set up businesses in their countries,” Zwelethini told residents of Pongolo. 

Patrick Abdul, one of the foreigners affected by the xenophobic uprising, told ANA: “The King should bring peace not war. We want the United Nations to help us.” 

Earlier on Tuesday, some areas of Durban resembled a war zone as police tried to quell the violence. 

The city was plunged into chaos when some taxis were caught in the crossfire with windows being smashed as some foreign nationals hiding in a block of flats (Abyssin Accommodation) in West Street threw stones and rocks at locals. 

Police had their hands full trying to calm down the angry mob of locals gathered at the apartment block. 

The streets were littered with glass. 

Police had to use teargas to separate the warring groups. 

A local, who refused to be named, said the foreign nationals deserved what was happening to them. 

“We are tired of them. They are criminals. They do house break-ins. Ever since they came into the country, the crime rate has escalated”. 

Shops in central Durban were closed on Tuesday while the knobkierrie-wielding mob of locals assaulted foreign nationals and looted their shops in Durban. 

Metro police rushed around to make sure shops were properly closed as some foreigners fled without closing them properly. 

KwaZulu-Natal police spokesperson, Jay Naicker declined to comment. 

ANA

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/foreigners-threaten-guerilla-warfare-1.1845104#.VS4_DM6Za--

I live next door to some Somalians although I don't really know them, once in a while they have a party till 10 or 11 at night and that's about all you hear of them. They leave for work when I get up at 5:30am and they return around 9-10pm. They have a couple of shops in the township here. They only recently got themselves up and going again after being robbed etc when we had the stone throwing competitions here last year and now they are worried about their future, all they want to do is just make a living and survive like the rest of us.

other way of looking at it is HOW WILL YOU FEEL WHEN IT HAPPENS WHILE YOU STILL HERE or happens TO YOU

Honestly at this stage I would rather stay and fight/defend what I have here. I don't care about my material possessions but I do care for my family. Like I said, it will kill me if I leave and hear that they have been assaulted/killed for being the wrong color.

I suppose it is easy for me to talk now since I'm not married and don't have any children and having a child and securing his/her future will probably be the only reason I will leave.

It's all been said so far in this thread.

I have tried to work hard, pay my taxes and be the best possible citizen, to lead by example.

But I dont want to end up being a martyr for this cesspool.

I am one of those people who blindly follow the rules, Happy to be in a nanny state, as long as everyting works.

My 3 boys has ZERO future here, of that I am convinced.

I am faced with significant debt because of an unfair racially motivated retrenchment (had to fight for that piece of paper at huge cost) and thus have not an inch leeway to get the hell out of here.

I have a trade, no degree and a cushy job at a company that is dependant on the health of the economy.

At this stage, I will have to send my sons elsewhere, one by one to help them make a future elsewhere.

I personally have had enough, this vendetta against my kind is bull****, and I am sick of the undertones.

How depressing

All you can do is make your plans as far as you can within the constraints you face.

Playing mental movies predicting a negative future is just going to make you sad, and the reality never turns out how you think - it could be a lot worse than you think.

I don't want to be investing any more in SA and am trying to work down some of what I've got here, I don't see Zulu Dawn happening in Bedfordview this year, but maybe next - who knows?

stretch, i would not understand you right i got a green mamba that gives me entry to swaziland, bots,mauritius

all i know if i had a british passport i would do anything i could to get my family out, even if it means i drag my ex wife with bound and gagged (only to get my eldest daughter)

because its not that easy..All my family is here....it would place an incredible strain on my marriage because my wife does not do cold..I have business here, I have a life here...my daughters are in high school or close to it...moving would mean getting them to adapt to a whole new level of education and education system.

2 years ago I would have said never ever...now....im not so sure....I'm busy phoning right now to get the forms to renew my daughter maroon passport

Honestly at this stage I would rather stay and fight/defend what I have here. I don't care about my material possessions but I do care for my family. Like I said, it will kill me if I leave and hear that they have been assaulted/killed for being the wrong color.

I suppose it is easy for me to talk now since I'm not married and don't have any children and having a child and securing his/her future will probably be the only reason I will leave.

i would feel the same if i didnt have 2 girls and a wife

Yes Shebeen. This is indeed the case. At least make some plans bud.

With respect to your British Passport. For me, this has been both a blessing and a curse because it has allowed me the warm comfort of being able to "go to the UK" at the drop of a hat if the fecal matter hit the fan.

This false sense of security is now sinking its fangs deep into my ass. It's all happening way too quickly now for me to ensure a viable migration.

I suppose everyone has their tipping point, people have been 'packing for perth' (I got family there too) since even before Crocodile Dundee. It would probably shock you that there are expats coming home and even foreign people moving to south africa from nice 'civilised' places like western europe and north america as we speak!

We had a family friend who emigrated to australia in the late 90's. His tipping point was them changing Lion Lager into a sorghum type beer in a silver and blue can. He didn't even hang around to see it fail.

It's all been said so far in this thread.

I have tried to work hard, pay my taxes and be the best possible citizen, to lead by example.

But I dont want to end up being a martyr for this cesspool.

I am one of those people who blindly follow the rules, Happy to be in a nanny state, as long as everyting works.

My 3 boys has ZERO future here, of that I am convinced.

I am faced with significant debt because of an unfair racially motivated retrenchment (had to fight for that piece of paper at huge cost) and thus have not an inch leeway to get the hell out of here.

I have a trade, no degree and a cushy job at a company that is dependant on the health of the economy.

At this stage, I will have to send my sons elsewhere, one by one to help them make a future elsewhere.

I personally have had enough, this vendetta against my kind is bull****, and I am sick of the undertones.

I share your sentiments, but where to? We cant go as refugees. The rest of the world see no reason to grant asylum to white South Africans, leaving us to leave on our own terms. But unless I leave as a refugee, I can apply as I don't have prospect of work, or place to stay.

I suppose everyone has their tipping point, people have been 'packing for perth' (I got family there too) since even before Crocodile Dundee. It would probably shock you that there are expats coming home and even foreign people moving to south africa from nice 'civilised' places like western europe and north america as we speak!

We had a family friend who emigrated to australia in the late 90's. His tipping point was them changing Lion Lager into a sorghum type beer in a silver and blue can. He didn't even hang around to see it fail.

my sani partner left for new zealand and my sister, both initially hated it and thought they made the wrong move, they adapted they fought like hell to get "comfortable" financially, neither would come back if you paid them, both visit from time to time, but their facial expressions of WTFFFFFF IS PRICELESS when they see how the country has changed,

my sister is now single in new zealnd she says she loves being able to jump on a bus at night and go into town with no fear, she loves hiking(in the rain) and not even thinking of being raped, both said they can see the people are extremly tense and tightly wound

I share your sentiments, but where to? We cant go as refugees. The rest of the world see no reason to grant asylum to white South Africans, leaving us to leave on our own terms. But unless I leave as a refugee, I can apply as I don't have prospect of work, or place to stay.

THAT OVER THERE ,,,YOUR POST EXPLAINS 99% OF THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LEAVE

I know you were in their countries during the struggle for liberation. But the fact of the matter is you did not set up businesses in their countries,” Zwelethini told residents of Pongolo. [/b][/size]

This guy must surely get some or other award. Unbelievable.

This guy must surely get some or other award. Unbelievable.

Therein lies the problem, the "leadership" has no incling of the ramifications of their cowboy statements. They do not have the mental capcity for diplomacy nor the insight to make proper statments.

Afrophobia today, anti-colonialism tomorrow.

to quote the head of state:

"Hehehe Heheh"

Edited by RocknRolla

I always try not to read these threads because they make me moerse negative. I feel the same as Hennie VR, this is my country why do I feel the need to leave?

I wonder how easily will a CA (and registered auditor with about 10years experience) get work in another country?

Edited by koukie

I always try not to read these threads because they make me moerse negative. I feel the same as Hennie VR, this is my country why do I feel the need to leave?

I wonder how easily will a CA (and registered auditor with about 10years experience) get work in another country?

again anotheer good point as a CA YOU probably have a reasonable "comfort zone" you are in, so leaving seems difficult but you have a needed skill the only thing is AGE and do you have enough ZUMAS to start over in $$$$$

Therein lies the problem, the "leadership" has no incling of the ramifications of their cowboy statements. They do not have the mental capcity for diplomacy nor the insight to make proper statments.

Don't they though? You would be possessed of the intellectual capacity of a toddler if you were to misconstrue the ramifications of your utterances in this regard.

I think they know full well. They're pushing the boundries here. Testing the waters of their influence. Well now they know..... the loyal Zulu will kill for his king.