Sir Bradley Wiggins set to attempt Hour Record on June 7

HeyYou

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite what Obree felt was unmatchable in this generation, but not far off.

Oddly he looks pretty fresh compared to how the others did! What a horrible hour to spend on  a bike. 

His Coach "It was a horrible 60 minutes, I saw he was losing gas and then I saw him fighting and battling, battling. These high pressure conditions were horrible, so sticky. It's not a target that is out of sight because of this."

What would his power output be for that hr?

Maybe not the distance he was hoping for but I don't see it being broken anytime soon

What would his power output be for that hr?

Maybe not the distance he was hoping for but I don't see it being broken anytime soon

I guess 415-420

Dunno how much he weighs, prob 70 -72

So w/kg ?

At the end of a world record, I think I'd prefer to see the winner lying down , gagging, vomiting , bleeding, broken. He seemed amazingly strong.

“I'm glad it's done," he said. "That's the closest I will come to knowing what it's like to have a baby."

Wiggins gearing was 58x14.

"It's tortuous. It's such a relief and was such a build-up. We've been through so much, my wife and children know so much about air pressure now"

Trackside stood Indurain, and Wiggins’ former team boss Dave Brailsford. The Spaniard offered a thumb’s up in approval, aware that Wiggins had joined an elite club of Tour de France winners and Hour Record Holders that includes Indurain and Eddy Merckx.]

Edited by hellocolour

Not surprised he broke it,

Interesting to see he didn't wear a fullsleeve suit, was that to show off tats on his arms?

Would also like to know if the commentator wears wiggins pyjamas to bed, could not take much longer of that guy jizzing into the mike.

I guess 415-420

Dunno how much he weighs, prob 70 -72

So w/kg ?

I don't know the exact science but weight and W/kg is not the biggest issue since there is nil vertical ascent. I think frontal resistance vs W becomes the bigger issue. I think. Please comment.

At the end of a world record, I think I'd prefer to see the winner lying down , gagging, vomiting , bleeding, broken. He seemed amazingly strong.

He seemed better than Jens and the rest yes, but it was pretty clear that he was tiring towards the end. With ten minutes or so to go there was a few laps where the pace was off, and he didn't hold good lines on the bends. 

An impressive show nonetheless.

Not surprised he broke it,

Interesting to see he didn't wear a fullsleeve suit, was that to show off tats on his arms?

Would also like to know if the commentator wears wiggins pyjamas to bed, could not take much longer of that guy jizzing into the mike.

He apparently shaved all his hair off. Not sure if relevant but the heat was near unbearable in there, so perhaps short sleeves was preferred because of that?

I don't know the exact science but weight and W/kg is not the biggest issue since there is nil vertical ascent. I think frontal resistance vs W becomes the bigger issue. I think. Please comment.

Correcto, Talus

Aero and sheer pedal force is key to average 54

Weight is only important in terms of muscle growth as he probably picked up some pounds to drive more power

He apparently shaved all his hair off. Not sure if relevant but the heat was near unbearable in there, so perhaps short sleeves was preferred because of that?

Apparantly (commentator talk) yes it was a fake tatoo sleeve. But his kit resembled the British kit from the 80s, and then the commentator called him 'not only a great athlete but also a historian' blahblah, but there you have it.