Momsen VIPA AC vs Scott 940 spark vs Giant Anthem

Roster

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting into MTbing, particularly like the idea of stage races (W2W, Sani etc.,).

Any advice regarding the following bikes would be greatly appreciated:

1. Momsen Vipa AC

2. Giant Anthem

3. Scott Spark 940

Thanks

I think it is personal choice as all of those bikes are great.I personally have the Scott,my wife the Giant Anthem and know a few mates that have the Vipa.Try and test ride each of them and see which you enjoy the most.

I think it is personal choice as all of those bikes are great.I personally have the Scott,my wife the Giant Anthem and know a few mates that have the Vipa.Try and test ride each of them and see which you enjoy the most.

100%

With modern suspension tech, the inefficiencies of the Scott design are no longer a problem. Flick it into climb / whatever and just go. No matter which option you go for, and as long as yopu service it properly, you'll be fine. 

Test them all and find out which fits you best. 

EDIT: I'd even include the Anthem SX in there. Really, really good bike,. 

Edited by El Capitan

I have an Anthem X with 120mm fork, so basically a SX.

Awesome bike.

Was very interested in the Vipa AC till I heard it had the carbon stays, put me off. Nice to have but had a Momsen carbon hardtail that cracked twice.

I would also consider a Specialized Epic Comp as its in the same price range as the Vipa. Looked at the Vipa and Epic and ultimately chose the Epic. Have not done a stage race with it but a few long rides and is very happy with it.

1st get an entry then buy the bike. [emoji12] . Go Giant . Not to expensive to maintain, reliable, spares freely available due to Giants popularity in Sa and most important, a good bike and good value for money.

Edited by mikedevill

1st get an entry then by the bike. [emoji12] . Go Giant . Not to expensive to maintain, reliable, spares freely available due to Giants popularity in Sa and most important, a good bike and good value for money.

+1 [emoji106]????

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting into MTbing, particularly like the idea of stage races (W2W, Sani etc.,).

Any advice regarding the following bikes would be greatly appreciated:

1. Momsen Vipa AC

2. Giant Anthem

3. Scott Spark 940

Thanks

Create a poll

For me it is the VIPA!!! Awesome bike

Please do not give feedback on what you bought, i will forever hate you if your first bike you own is a VIPA :cursing:

Edited by Oxter

Shoe hey, what a way to start.

Likewise, all of the above mentioned bikes are on my wishlist, and I would happily settle for either one (although I must admit I have been drooling over the Giant Trance lately).

As for which race to do, as mentioned, entry issues are rife considering popularity. Once you have made the splash, then get your base and endurance up to scratch, and maybe consider the 361, or half of it as an option before embarking on a long multi-day stage race.

just my 2cents worth, anyway..

Got the Anthem. Absolutely love it and it's way more capable than me. Regarding races my first big race (read longer than 45km) was the Transbaviaans.

My points are that a) you never see a bad review of the anthem and b) set yourself a goal, and make sure you prepare.

Welcome to the sport!

1st get an entry then by the bike. [emoji12] . Go Giant . Not to expensive to maintain, reliable, spares freely available due to Giants popularity in Sa and most important, a good bike and good value for money.

and the Giant comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame.