Stolen: Trek 2100 2006 (Alberton)

Audaxnut

Stolen: Trek 2100 2006
When: 17 April 2015
Where: Alberton, Gauteng

Forced off the road by +-9 black youths 16-20years old, who fanned across tar road causing me to crash on grass verge

While trying to retain the bike, they tried to stab me in my calves so I would clip out of my pedals.

When I unclipped my feet was forced onto my stomach and my pockets searched.

They left the money (R30) but took my old LG phone (so old it does not have wifi).

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

This is really starting to get ridiculous... Please let us know exactly where it happened so we can ride in numbers and be vigilant. Has it been reported to the incompetent police...? Is it time for us to get a private security company involved in a sting operation...?

Happened at 11:30Hrs on Friday 17 April 2015 on the Old Vereeniging Road, just before the intersection with Potgieter Street in Alrode, Alberton. I was heading south.

Lots of people around but no one paid attention.

Brackendowns Police Station very helpful unlike Thokoza Police Station

• 3 weeks later...

I also think we need to be vigilant when components are sold cheaply. It seems like with cars the spares also sold separately.

• 2 months later...

Unless I am mistaken this is the road that is called the "Steps" by the Germiston Wheelers club.  I know, for a while, they never rode here because of safety concerns.