Cycling Edenvale

tamaties

101% don't you live out in that area?  When we train out there we generally head towards Bapsfontein via Kempton Park (and always have to bring our passports.) bruce2006-09-21 01:29:40

road or mtb?

Finish Line Cycles (in Kempton) have regular rides (mtb & road) from the shop.

Pomona/Bredel/Bapsfontein area seems the most popular.

Yes I live in the EAST!!!!! so beware!!! You can easily spot me in my Ford XR6 wiff de blue lights unda de kar and de big boot spoiler pop rivitted on de back wiff fur on de dashboard!!Big%20smile

We actually got some good routes out this way. Theres a bedfordview group which rides every morning 5h30, from the BP next to News cafe. they usually do a 60k loop around Boksburg- kempton area, or if you want some hills you can always do some loops around Fishers hill or Sylvia's pass near Bruma Lake. The loop around the airport going down Atlas road which has a nice wide cycling friendly shoulder.Smile

Yes I live in the EAST!!!!! so beware!!! You can easily spot me in my Ford XR6 wiff de blue lights unda de kar and de big boot spoiler pop rivitted on de back wiff fur on de dashboard!!Big%20smile

Sweeet cuzin

tamaties, are you coming to visit GP?

101%, what's the avg speed of the 5:30 group?  And where is the BP and the News Cafe?  And, last question, what time do they finish?

The News Cafe is on Van Buuren Road, at the traffic light where Nicol meets Van Buuren in Bedfordview. The BP is on the corner of Kings and Van Buuren, about 200m past the News Cafe.

And yes riding with the BCC boys is generally fast. I ride on Saturdays and the averages speeds are usually around 35km/h! But what do you expect when Craig and Marco are setting the pace!  
Zaskar2006-09-21 03:46:29

There are some good routes if you get onto Modderfontein, and then turn left towards Thembisa/Chloorkop and on to Midrand. I've done loops of anything between 45-80km out that direction.

And yes riding with the BCC boys is generally fast. I ride on Saturdays and the averages speeds are usually around 35km/h! But what do you expect when Craig and Marco are setting the pace!  

Hah! you forgot that Craig and Marco are only going that fast cause they're trying to stay on OB's wheel!!!

hi Anyone know of cycling routes round about Edenvale' date=' JHB ???[/quote']

I live close to Edenvale and there are guys from Edenvale that meets me from time to time. You welcome join us so we can show you some routes!

We have a group ride from the Centre of the Earth Nursery in Modderfontein every Sunday morning starting at 07:00. The Village Coffee Shop provides free coffee after the ride for cyclists!!! (They make a pretty mean cappuccino!). Two groups easy forty or fast forty. Tel MARK @ 608-3996/7Wink

MichaelH, where is the Centre of the Earth nursery?  I might join you at some stage as the sister works just down the road.

yes im a capie , coming to visit jhb for the weekend - used to live in midrand for 2 years- so did the Irene route, seems like Edenvale only has hills !!!!???Dead

tamaties, how many kms you want to do?  I'm not going out, but a very good friend of mine might take you out over Irene-Centurion, etc, depends on your distance.