bike too large. HELP PLEASE

kader01

thank for ALL the help guys. the stem design is kinda crappy cos it's bent at the rear shock. my height is about 174cm. the frame is a medium. I know I should dell and buy a new one but can't afford that now. So I feel better when you say I don't reeeaaly need to sell but I will in about 2years.

You should be absolutely fine on a medium. 

The stem is the bit that attaches to the handlebars - not the seat. That's a seat post. 

thank for ALL the help guys. the stem design is kinda crappy cos it's bent at the rear shock. my height is about 174cm. the frame is a medium. I know I should dell and buy a new one but can't afford that now. So I feel better when you say I don't reeeaaly need to sell but I will in about 2years.

kader01, I've got a 2014 Sprada 1. I'm 192cm and on a large, fits well. The medium should be perfect. But I've got a hunch what the problem is. The stem is a bit long most likely, but the standard silverback handlebars suck, they have this stupid double kink thing, swap these out with some better ones, also look at dropping the bars down a bit.

As for the dropper, remember you size it on how much seatpost is exposed, if its let's say 110mm then a 100mm drop will be fine and the rest of the post should fit in the seattube nicely.

kader01, I've got a 2014 Sprada 1. I'm 192cm and on a large, fits well. The medium should be perfect. But I've got a hunch what the problem is. The stem is a bit long most likely, but the standard silverback handlebars suck, they have this stupid double kink thing, swap these out with some better ones, also look at dropping the bars down a bit.

As for the dropper, remember you size it on how much seatpost is exposed, if its let's say 110mm then a 100mm drop will be fine and the rest of the post should fit in the seattube nicely.

He needs at least 125mm of exposed seatpost for a 100mm to be able to work - there's a collett on the droppers that needs to sit above the seatclamp, and that's about an inch wide. 

I don't see how a dropper post comes into this discussion at this stage.

find out if the frame is correct fit - with ANY seatpost - at the right level.

if it's 100s, then start looking at droppers.

I don't see how a dropper post comes into this discussion at this stage.

find out if the frame is correct fit - with ANY seatpost - at the right level.

if it's 100s, then start looking at droppers.

Agreed. A dropper can't solve your sizing problem. 

I don't get the bike shops *** though. A medium should fit you.

Why don't you go to another shop for fitting?

Edited by popcorn_skollie

He needs at least 125mm of exposed seatpost for a 100mm to be able to work - there's a collett on the droppers that needs to sit above the seatclamp, and that's about an inch wide. 

As I opened this thread up again I remembered that. So yes, there's that. :P

oh yes, I forgot about advice.

Consider getting proper bike set-up and fitment done. You should be able to make informed decisions then.

My advice, never go back to that bike shop... 

Take said bike to another shop and get it fitted. 

Best way for a medium frame to fit a smaller person: 

• Short stem (you probably have about 100mm now, take it down to 50mm)
  • Move your seat back and forth on its mount, slight change but makes a difference

A bike shop should do this for you, but it is possible if you know what you doing yourself. 

im 1:83 and ride a Large...so you are right for a M

Dropper costs thousands....use 400 of that and get a fit done which will tell you what your handlebar height, reach and seapost height should be...and he or she will do all those adjustments for you there and then