MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung commits to funding 5000 bicycles in 2015

News bot

This year, Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung will make history as the first African-registered team to take part in the Tour de France. While the team has always focused on developing African cyclists to compete at the highest levels of the sport, it’s also always been about more than just winning races.

Click here to view the article

Is my maths off here,or missing something? 225 000 bikes over ten years, but only 5000 this year?

Brilliant charity, hope they can really get some traction this year

Is my maths off here,or missing something? 225 000 bikes over ten years, but only 5000 this year?

Brilliant charity, hope they can really get some traction this year

Your maths is fine, but your reading leaves something to be desired [emoji12] . World Bicycle Relief, the global charity, has donated 225,000 bikes worldwide since 2005. MTN Qhubeka are donating 5,000 to the local arm this year.

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Edit: website for donations www.bicycleschangelives.com

Edited by paul_ct

And looking at the brief, it seems like the 5000 bikes are going to be funded out of the charity drive.Or am i missing something? 

It would have been better to supply the 1st 5000 bikes and THEN add additional bikes through the funds generated via the charity drive/s.