Easton EC70 carbon mtb flat handlebars ...???

Jakkals77

Hi All

Im looking for a Easton ec70 carbon mtb flat handlebar. I could purchase one from Chain Reactions and the like, but I would prefer to buy it in SA. My LBS says there isn't stock at the moment, but I'm sure someone must have somewhere? 

What's a good alternative to the Easton EC70? These are the specs I'm looking for.

Material: Carbon

Width: 720mm

Back Sweap: 8 or 9 degrees

Rise: None or max 10mm rise

Clamp Diameter: 31.8mm

Truvative Noir?

I have the 700mm flat 10 degree I think. Then there's a low rise 720mm as well but I think it's a 20 mm rise.

Loaded also have some nice ones and there's always the Thomson stuff

Ask Naas from Evobikes to source you one. I waited for 6 months for one, but he persisted and got me one.

If they have stock!

Whatever I need they never have stock!

Truvative Noir?

I have the 700mm flat 10 degree I think. Then there's a low rise 720mm as well but I think it's a 20 mm rise.

Loaded also have some nice ones and there's always the Thomson stuff

I have the Loaded bar on my SS. Beautiful looking bar, and super stiff. Real bling, but I don't know if there's a local stockist of Loaded anymore. Buycycle.co.za used to stock, but not sure if they still do.

Sounds like the Easton bars are still the benchmark bar that other bars gets measured against. Maybe its worth the time to wait for the Easton? Are they really that much better?

Edited by Jakkals77

Sounds like the Easton bars are still the benchmark bar that other bars gets measured against. Maybe its worth the time to wait for the Easton? Are they really that much better?

Bear in mind FSA and Truvativ won't cost much over a thousand Rondts!

Stiff, and light. Not sure why Easton is considered 'better'?

Edited by jarek.pski

Hi All

Im looking for a Easton ec70 carbon mtb flat handlebar. I could purchase one from Chain Reactions and the like, but I would prefer to buy it in SA. My LBS says there isn't stock at the moment, but I'm sure someone must have somewhere? 

What's a good alternative to the Easton EC70? These are the specs I'm looking for.

Material: Carbon

Width: 720mm

Back Sweap: 8 or 9 degrees

Rise: None or max 10mm rise

Clamp Diameter: 31.8mm

Will let you know in the morning what I can find. Oh and by the way I am currently using the bar you after :whistling:  and it's great!!

Edited by Spoke101

Will let you know in the morning what I can find. Oh and by the way I am currently using the bar you after :whistling: and it's great!!

Thanks dude.....Im green with jealousy!!

Bear in mind FSA and Truvativ won't cost much over a thousand Rondts!

Stiff, and light. Not sure why Easton is considered 'better'?

My son crashed his brains out on the sidewalk in Umdloti tonight. His FSA bars survived 100%. Maybe I should re-evaluate my FSA position?