FNB W2W route yields exciting discovery for Cape Leopard Trust

News bot

A recent camera checking excursion to Pofadder, an infamous MTB structure on the FNB Wines2Whales (W2W) Mountain Bike (MTB) route, has left the coordinators of the Cape Leopard Trust (CLT) Boland Project really excited.

Click here to view the article

So awesome!

And to think that some farmers slaughter these beautiful creatures as they consider them "pests". 

Cannot tell you what a great thrill this is to know that these guys are still out there and increasing their numbers ! So cool.

So awesome!

And to think that some farmers slaughter these beautiful creatures as they consider them "pests". 

Not in the Cape, not any more. Basically the Cape Leopard Trust have managed over the last decade or so, to convince just about the whole farming community from the Cederberg all the way to the Southern Cape, to leave the leopards alone. Sure, they still come to grief now and then with a crazy farmer here and there, but that is (wonderfully) now a rare occasion.