5.10's whats happening...

Headshot

Mounatin Mail Order in Observatory used to be or are still the agents but I see their site does not list any bike footwear anymore. My wife wants a pair of Vxi clipless shoes but they seem to be very thin on teh ground in SA. Any suggestions or info on where to get them in SA. Size 4.5 please :-)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whats so special about 510 besides being midlifecrisis cool?

Stop trolling, its not friday yet ;)

The SO is looking to go to flats. Will look at some cheap skate sneakers to start her off. 5.10s are just too expensive for a "lets see if this works" scenario. 

my next pair of flat shoes will probably also be skate shoes. I cant justify the price of 510's currenly.

And they are really just a glorified pair of skate shoes (the free riders anyway)

The SO is looking to go to flats. Will look at some cheap skate sneakers to start her off. 5.10s are just too expensive for a "lets see if this works" scenario. 

Look at the following: 

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/143140-flat-pedal-shoes-other-than-five-ten/?hl=%20flat%20%20shoes

Got the Hi-Tec Figaros for R400, paired with Shimano Saints, and so far I've had no issues with grip. Sure, not as grippy as 5.10s, but a good place to start on a budget.

Try and convince the fairer sex to ride with those :lol:

Probably not the most stylish, but they do start to look better once covered in dust and mud. They are very comfortable as well, done a few walks in them.

my next pair of flat shoes will probably also be skate shoes. I cant justify the price of 510's currenly.

And they are really just a glorified pair of skate shoes (the free riders anyway)

I don't agree :whistling: ... I tried riding my Jekyll with my old DC shoes I used to use for flatland. It felt like I was ice skating on my pedals compared to my Free riders (even with the big holes in the sole). The DC's were also far to flexible.

The DC's were acceptable for flatland because you spend more time standing on the tyres than the pedals.