5.10's whats happening...

Headshot

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why insist in posting something off topic?

watch the video and decide.

There's maybe something you can learn

Anybody that can read knows why, constantly pushing agenda driven drivel is a specialty it seems.

speciality

watch the video and decide.

There's maybe something you can learn

How about you take a day or two off from your constant off topic trolling?

That would be nice, to be able to read a thread or two here that hasn't been ruined by your crusade.

Speciality vs. specialty

In general usage, specialty and speciality are very closely related and often interchangeable. English reference books say various things about them, but in general writers tend to treat them as if they’re the same word. Specialty is more common in American, Canadian, and Australian English (which is surprising, because Australian English usually follows British), and it’s usually a noun meaning something in which a person or business specializes. Speciality is more common in British English, and it’s often an adjective (as in the phrases specialty store and specialty products).

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/specialty

Both are acceptable. If you're going to correct people on their spelling and grammar, it would be best to ensure that you are in fact correct before carrying out the correction. 

are we speaking American, Canadian or Australian English?

I guess it doesn;t matter as long as you're in the cool club :)

As the all knowing sage of MTB, maybe you can help me pick out the best pyjama shorts' for #enduro?

Lots of playing the man in here instead of the ball.... 5.10's are worth every cent. I commute in mine daily, and they just keep going. Loads of grip, loads of support, loads of cushion and enough stiffness. My only problem is wanting another pair that look a bit less zeff.... (I have the impact lows, and always think of buffalo's!)

Lots of playing the man in here instead of the ball.... 5.10's are worth every cent. I commute in mine daily, and they just keep going. Loads of grip, loads of support, loads of cushion and enough stiffness. My only problem is wanting another pair that look a bit less zeff.... (I have the impact lows, and always think of buffalo's!)

My new skoens. Yes, they are that white in person...

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac34/maticindustries/RavenSPD_zpsf83b80c4.png

My new skoens. Yes, they are that white in person...

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac34/maticindustries/RavenSPD_zpsf83b80c4.png

Feedback on cleated? Are you sacrificing any grip on the flats?

Feedback on cleated? Are you sacrificing any grip on the flats?

Only given them one ride, and it was an amble along the road for 2 hours. I've been on flats for 2 years now, and before that I was on cleats for 7 or so (commuting in London for 3 1/2 and then road / mtb after that) and flats before that. 

I need a better platform for my foot (personal preference) as I currently have garden variety 540's. 

Initial impressions - I can be a lot lazier in order to get the same result with cleats where I would need to give a bit more input with flats. Simply 'cos I'm attached, and can use my feet to lift up (shimmy the rear to the left or right - I can just lift with the feet and shift left or right, vs having to preload the rear and hop the rear then shift left or right) 

Technical terrain - dunno yet, but I went to flats to work on my technique, and 'cos my previous shoes had the cleat plate rip free of the carbon sole, so it presented a good opportunity to switch. 

I can bunnyhop a bit higher (didn't REALLY try as my seat was all the way up my ass - dropper is being serviced and I don't really feel confident hopping with the saddle that close to my nought) but at the moment, it's just another shoe. 

So - still too early to tell which I prefer for the majority of my riding, but I'll definitely be switching back and forth to keep developing my skills. 

Edited by El Capitan

http://fiveten.com/images/jreviews/14577_5145-freerider-tealgrenadine-web-01-1395940041.jpg

(Freerider) haters gonna hate hate hate.... But I love them. Going solid still.