[Event] Duesouth Night One - JHB

gaby@shiftsm.co.za

Event Name: Duesouth Night One - JHB
When: 30 May 2015
Where: Northern Farm MTB park, Gauteng
Category: MTB

It’s back again… Don’t let this winter get you down

Be an outsider this May

The Duesouth Night One returns to the epic trails of Northern Farm on Saturday the 30th of May 2015. Take to the trails for an evening of adrenaline pumping action along well packed and marked out single track through leafy forests and winding switch backs.

There is something there for all levels of athletes on the trails as we introduce all new categories, choose which event suites your level of fitness.

CHOOSE YOUR CHALLENGE

· 6KM JACKAL TRACK TRAIL RUN

· 12KM JACKAL TRACK TRAIL RUN

· 20KM NIGHT ADDER MTB ADVENTURE

· 30KM NIGHT ADDER MTB ADVENTURE

When you are finished with your adventure, come enjoy the warmth of the camp fires, live super rugby, craft beer and get hands on one of the awesome spot prizes on offer.

We invite you to be one with the trail as all you will have around you is the glare from your headlamp, the occasional peering eyes of from the dark and the sound of your heart pulsing to every step or peddle stroke that brings you closer to your goal.

WARNING!

Entries are strictly capped to 200 per category to provide you with a personalized touch and individual attention that you deserve.

DO NOT MISS OUT!

*THE FIRST 100 REGISTRANTS WILL RECEIVE A DUESOUTH NIGHT ONE SERIES MOISTURE MANAGEMENT T-SHIRT, WHICH ARE ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE AT R80.

Limited entries available - http://www.nightoneseries.com/

Go to Event Page

I registered for the 20km ride yesterday. Will be my first night race (and night ride if I don't get one done before then).

Hmmm... Where can I practice in the Jhb northern suburbs?

Edited by AlphaKilo

I registered for the 30km ride yesterday. Will be my first night race (and night ride if I don't get one done before then).

Hmmm... Where can I practice in the Jhb northern suburbs?

Two night rides in Pretoria on 6 May - Big Red Barn in Irene and Rosemary Hills in the east. Then there is a night ride every Tuesday at Wolwespruit (next to Kloof Hospital)

• 1 month later...

Event Name: Duesouth Night One - JHB

When: 30 May 2015

Where: Northern Farm MTB park, Gauteng

Category: MTB

It’s back again… Don’t let this winter get you down

Be an outsider this May

The Duesouth Night One returns to the epic trails of Northern Farm on Saturday the 30th of May 2015. Take to the trails for an evening of adrenaline pumping action along well packed and marked out single track through leafy forests and winding switch backs.

There is something there for all levels of athletes on the trails as we introduce all new categories, choose which event suites your level of fitness.

CHOOSE YOUR CHALLENGE

· 6KM JACKAL TRACK TRAIL RUN

· 12KM JACKAL TRACK TRAIL RUN

· 20KM NIGHT ADDER MTB ADVENTURE

· 30KM NIGHT ADDER MTB ADVENTURE

When you are finished with your adventure, come enjoy the warmth of the camp fires, live super rugby, craft beer and get hands on one of the awesome spot prizes on offer.

We invite you to be one with the trail as all you will have around you is the glare from your headlamp, the occasional peering eyes of from the dark and the sound of your heart pulsing to every step or peddle stroke that brings you closer to your goal.

WARNING!

Entries are strictly capped to 200 per category to provide you with a personalized touch and individual attention that you deserve.

DO NOT MISS OUT!

*THE FIRST 100 REGISTRANTS WILL RECEIVE A DUESOUTH NIGHT ONE SERIES MOISTURE MANAGEMENT T-SHIRT, WHICH ARE ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE AT R80.

Limited entries available - http://www.nightoneseries.com/

Go to Event Page

Good day

As this was my 1st ever MTB race, let alone a night race, I found the race itself stunning and will definitely join again.

I am however not too sure if I want to join Northern farms again as we received appallingly arrogant service from them, in particular a Mr. Ian

We arrived at NF at 15h30 thinking this will be a good time to get to know the setup and have a nice spot in the shade for when the masses arrive. Arrived at the gate and were directed to the ticket office, informed the friendly lady that I am here for the race and she said we could enter and pick out  a parking spot in the meantime - excellent news. She proceeded to talk to Mr gate patrol who refused to let us enter as he was instructed by his boss to let us wait outside.

I  tried phoning Ian to try and grasp the logic behind this, but to no avail.

Luckily he arrived 10 min later and we met him at the gate to resolve this. There we were very arrogantly told we cannot enter as we will start riding around the trails (40 min before the race) and he will loose money due to this. If he let us in, he has to let other competitors in. This being said, we paid R120 for the event, but should we wish to enter and park in the meantime, we can buy another ticket. How absolutely marvelous.

As a result, we had 20 + cars piling into the now chaotic ticket office herding area ,with everyone irate at having to wait.

In future, when we are not allowed to enter the event, can you PLEASE add this to the mail you sent, as well as inform the venue staff that we are not there to steal from them, but actually SUPPORT them.

Some information and cheap signage could have made this day much more pleasant.

With that said, once again very nice race, and very nice beer!

Cheers