On Test: Silverback Signo Tecnica 279

Iwan Kemp

Born out of a desire to explore, the Silverback Signo Tecnica combines the roll over traits and bigger contact patch of a 29" front wheel with the quicker accelerating, more agile 27.5" sized rear wheel. By doing this Silverback believe that they have combined the best of both worlds into one chassis giving the rider an advantage on the trail.

Click here to view the article

So now that wheelsizes are no longer en vogue, we'll just annoy all the OCD sufferers out there...

Can you imagine what would happen if they want a wheelset upgrade, and they want to build their own wheels, or spec the spokes? 

Silverback believe they've combined the best of both worlds - much like Trek thought they had done years back... Old news this mix wheel thing... Although 27.5/29 could be a more appropriate mix than 26/29. Would like a ride.

I'm impressed with the long(ish) travel and trail attitude HT. Nice one Silverback.

Edited by Ryanpmb

I can't currently deal with a 2.4 front and 2.2 rear on a 29er. This would have me rocking in the corner...

This is like a Land-Rover Hardtop. 

You   have neither the benefits of the Pickup nor the  Station Wagon. 

Just a compromise that does not do anything particularly good. 

Edited by IH8MUD

When will something road bike related be tested? It is all mtb mtb mtb... here on the the(mtb)hubsa.co.za....lol

When will something road bike related be tested? It is all mtb mtb mtb... here on the the(mtb)hubsa.co.za....lol

Hi Mongoose!

We're well aware of the MTB bias and we're hoping to feature (more) road content in the future.