On Test: Silverback Signo Tecnica 279

Iwan Kemp

Is this UCI accepted?

I know it isn't intended for winning any races but if you podiumed a XC race on this would it be accepted?

I don't think it's intended to feature much at XC races.

Interesting question if related to an Enduro race though?...

such as the Ventana El Chucho

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xov6Wp8GUL0/UEiz-zHs8GI/AAAAAAAADp8/eHyighL20eo/s1600/IMG_2298.JPG

I still think the frame will snap because the 29" front wheel rolls faster than the 27.5" rear. 

Won't work!

:huh: LOL

Motorbikes, especially off-roaders, have had this configuration since the 60s. I reckon the days of equal sized wheels are numbered.

Body-weight will be shifted more to the back with the smaller rear wheel-size...

something that a 29" frame-owner can experiment on.

I still think the frame will snap because the 29" front wheel rolls faster than the 27.5" rear. 

Won't work!

WHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess some of you guys are a bit out dated of things, or started cycling yesterday.  This sort of setup were running in the 90's when they tested this sort of setup's. The SantaCruz Super 8 came out with 24inch rear wheel and a 26inch front wheel and took some World cups with it, and there were some more bike brands that jump on that train. 

The Advantage over a small back wheel is, that it will accelerate faster then a bigger wheel, so lest pedal work to get it up and going. One problem that will maybe pop up is, is that the bike side of the bike will be more bumpy over rock sections "or maybe not".

I own a SantaCrus super 8 with this sort of wheel setup, and it works and the bike is till in one peace ;)

The Advantage over a small back wheel is, that it will accelerate faster then a bigger wheel, so lest pedal work to get it up and going. 

But that means the rear wheel is going to try and overtake the front all the time. I see big problems coming. 

But that means the rear wheel is going to try and overtake the front all the time. I see big problems coming. 

hahahahahahah!!!! Nice one there!!!

• 1 month later...