which PYGA

anthemic

Probably be able to run a really short stem. Also puts further back on the bike

This. Better manners at speed, more direct handling, better weight positioning, more room to maneuver on the bike and and and. 

This. Better manners at speed, more direct handling, better weight positioning, more room to maneuver on the bike and and and. 

Yeah, all very good for going downhill but not the best for going uphill.

I've run many setups from 65mm stem with 25mm offset seatpost to 110mm stem and straight post with 660mm bars up to 780mm bars, so you can set it up anyway you want depending on your riding. Currently ride it with 90mm stem, straight post and 720mm bars, as per bike setup. For me, there is plenty of room in a Large Pyga for someone 1.87m.

Again, personal choice and I probably would love an XL as much and not really notice.

Edited by BBN

Yeah, all very good for going downhill but not the best for going uphill.

I've run many setups from 65mm stem with 25mm offset seatpost to 110mm stem and straight post with 660mm bars up to 780mm bars, so you can set it up anyway you want depending on your riding. Currently ride it with 90mm stem, straight post and 720mm bars, as per bike setup. For me, there is plenty of room in a Large Pyga for someone 1.87m.

Again, personal choice and I probably would love an XL as much and not really notice.

See, the thing is that bit right there. You shouldn't be changing the position of your saddle at all... Your ideal position is your ideal position when it comes to the saddle. So if your bike fit puts you on a certain height, then keep it there. Don't fiddle with your saddle when setting up the cockpit. 

Regarding climbs, yeah - to a degree, cos the longer your wheelbase the more difficult it is (generally speaking) to maneuver up switchbacks. But then, with proper positioning on the bike, you can alleviate the effects of a light front end if you set it up properly...

BS bs and more Bs followed by some BS....

See, the thing is that bit right there. You shouldn't be changing the position of your saddle at all... Your ideal position is your ideal position when it comes to the saddle. So if your bike fit puts you on a certain height, then keep it there. Don't fiddle with your saddle when setting up the cockpit. 

Regarding climbs, yeah - to a degree, cos the longer your wheelbase the more difficult it is (generally speaking) to maneuver up switchbacks. But then, with proper positioning on the bike, you can alleviate the effects of a light front end if you set it up properly...

Ideal positioning is determined by weight at the wheels. Saddle has to be moved fore or aft to achieve that.

Where that weight is determines what the bike will be good at.

for more descending capability, yes more rearward CG.

For better climbing a more forward CG

for best all round handling the CG should be between the wheels splitting the weight distribution around 50/50.

Stems are selected to fit you proportions to achieve the weight distribution. Bar width would a factor of comfort

Hi guys

I am desperately trying to decide between the Oneten 29er and Onetwenty 650b. I have been riding 27.5 for 3 years now as I could never find a 29er I liked.....that was until I tried the Oneten!!

I can't get to demo the Onetwenty in the right size ( only a small not a medium) so I can't do a direct head to head, but I've heard they are supposed to have the same geo adjusted for wheel size.

Do I go with the size I know or take a punt on the 29er? I ride mostly medium techie Single track, root mucky European stuff, but each year I treat myself to a few marathon events and the odd stage race.

Anyone ridden both bikes can give some feedback. I am 1.76, not in shape ( unless you count round), and slowly getting back to fitness.

I have searched the forum, and can find comments on each bike, but none that have ridden both and made a choice.

Thanks

Because all the models are such great Trail frames choosing can be hard.

What one would like to accomplish or do ride wise will narrow down the frame model choice.

Rider height will also play a determining factor.

Both the 110 & 120 can be setup as totally wicked Marathon/Trail rides or as solely Marathon rigs.

In your case though it seems the 110 is starting to tip in your ride favour. Simply for the sake of another wheelsize (9r), which I don't recommend for riders sub 1.78 / 5'10", and that you'll be doing some marathon/stage events.

Because you guys are such rad trail riders out there already I would simply just stay on a 120 as the bike config can be adapted (burly Enduro , Trail to Marathon & trekking etc). These frames are like Swiss Army knives;) A multi role frame.

Anyways, I'm 5'11" and always end up gravitating back towards the 650B Pascoe Medium and 650B 120 Medium or Large depending on how rad one would like to get on the trail. 

Were I 6ft plus I'd maybe then spend more time on the 110.
As things stand the 110 I'll use for long 100km plus rides , marathons and stage events.

But for Trail and Am/Enduro use I'll stick to the 120 & Pascoe/140

Hey, rode one of our 230km 24hr events on my Pascoe ;) 

regards
Brenton
PYGA Dealer (Helderberg)