Review: Liv Intrigue 2

Kylie

Over the past couple of months, I have become very interested in the range of mountain bikes available for women. This developed as a result of trying to find a bike that fits me comfortably. I tend to fall almost exactly between a men’s small and medium size frame, leading to uncomfortable compromises on many frames. I therefore jumped at the chance to test the 2014 Liv Intrigue 2, which is essentially a women’s specific adaptation of Giant’s trail staple, the Trance.

Click here to view the article

"This combined with the extra weight and my feeble legs, meant I was suffering by the time I reached the top of the first climb."

I noticed the considerable wear on the 22T chain-ring (compared to the 36T) before I even read the above line from your article. 

Edit: It would have been nice if the article elaborated more on the difference between the Liv Intrigue and its fraternal twin, the Giant Trance.

"This combined with the extra weight and my feeble legs, meant I was suffering by the time I reached the top of the first climb."[/size]

I noticed the considerable wear on the 22T chain-ring (compared to the 36T) before I even read the above line from your article.

Thats a strange gearing choice - my 2013 Reign came with 26/38 gearing and 11/36 rear cluster if memory serves. No need for a 22 if you have a 36 out back.

Another error - Strava times downhill will definitely be better on this bike than a hard tail, and that' s all that counts surely? :-)

36/22 is a reasonably common OEM Sram crank setup used on Trail orientated bikes, I've seen it a few time, is a little bit overboard on the 22t.