Review: Lizard Skins DSP 3.2mm Bar Tape

Matt

Bar tape on a road bike is something most riders don’t pay all that much attention to, yet as a key contact point the choice can make a considerable difference to your ride. Lizard Skins DSP 3.2mm Bar Tape offers a wider, super comfortable feel with better shock absorption.

Click here to view the article

A mate of mine has just fitted some to his bike(and then crashed a few weeks later) But he is loving it. My LBS can order for me and plenty colours available. Price wise its competitive with the likes of fizik.

R400 - R450 is way over priced - sad but true

Welcome to the bike industry. If you compare it to say squash/tennis grips and hockey grips you actually see just how stupidly overpriced it is.

Sticks like the proverbial to a blanket in wet and dry and seems to resist getting dirty too... trying to find a reason to replace the tape on my new bike with some of this...

Sticks like nothing else in the dry.  Does get a bit slippery when wet or sweaty, especially with bare hands. Have it in white and for some reason the dirt collects around the edges of the tape where the one piece of tape overlaps the other. Definitely expensive, but worth the money for the comfort and the extra grip in the dry.  I also have big hands, so the little bit of extra thickness that the 3.2mm tape adds to the stock bar is very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a set. Felt ok as bar tape goes, but discovered a wear mark ON TOP OF THE BAR just behind the right lever. Obvious palm contact point. And this appeared after about two months of riding. Went back to CWC who fitted it and get the tape replaced (for free). Needless to say I took another brand. So ...