Cyclists should not become targets to criminals out there

News bot

Depending on where and when you ride and your vulnerability, you may be exposed to some risk of assault or robbery while cycling. The risk is often low but the impact on many people of an assault, robbery or other attack is massive. It can significantly reduce how much you use your bike and the stress-free enjoyment of riding when you do. Consequently, it is worth trying to minimise the risk of assault before it ever happens to you.

Click here to view the article

Ye - First hand experience of this on Sat. Thankfully, I got away. Lesson learned.

What happened?

What happened?

Wandered into unknown territory (Spartan in Kempton). Started feeling a bit dodge - and isolated - so I found a spot I thought was safe to look up a route out on my cell using Waze.

While busy searching I heard a noise behind me and turned around. Young guy was creeping up on me on the left, with his mate on the right.

Thankfully I was positioned to put foot and managed to easily peddle away. They just started laughing at me and said they just wanted the time.

Ya right...

Edited by DominionZA

Depending on where and when you ride and your vulnerability, you may be exposed to some risk of assault or robbery while cycling. The risk is often low but the impact on many people of an assault, robbery or other attack is massive. It can significantly reduce how much you use your bike and the stress-free enjoyment of riding when you do. Consequently, it is worth trying to minimise the risk of assault before it ever happens to you.

Click here to view the article

You forgot to mention; get a gun.