Western Cape races in October

RABUBI

I want to come down to CT in October, either the weekend of 7th or weekend of the 21st October. Is there any races going on that weekend that I can join?

I will be staying in Melkbosstrand, and I don't know the area very well, so some indication of how far from Melkbos the races will be will also help.

I race in vets 30-35 Cat in Gauteng, how is the field split up in the local races there?

Thanks

I live maybe 10km's from Melkbos, so just PM me. There is a 'league ride' on the 21st October which I'm sure you'll be allowed to ride as a once off if you have a licence. I'll speak to the PPA exco member to see if they will allow you. If you ask nice I'll even give you a lift Wink

For training we can make a plan (and explore a new coffee shop we found with some really nice waitresses!) LOL

There are 2 league events in October

* 21 October: Durbanville High
* 29 October: West Coast Express

You would need to register with the PPA to ride in the sub-vets league group. Check this out on the PPA site

But be careful the sub-vet boys down here are mean! They will be looking for fresh meat. Wink

p.s. I'm not one!

Dude, we don't race nearly as hard as the SV's in Jhb...I've experienced this on three occasions now...those Jhb boys are MEAN Cry

K@K FATTY ek hoop nie jy praat van die wat Mr.C gese het wat mooi was en toe is dit nie so nie..... Naby Woolworths........?

Rabubi, op die 8ste Oktober is daar die Bikemax - Vineyard Hotel ride by Klein Joostenberg Mark - ek is seker Fatty sal jou soontoe ook kan abba.

Of as jy regtig so tough is soos die ander Jhb ouens waarvan Fatty praat, bring jou Mtb ook saam en kom doen die Louwrensford Mtb race die Saterdag 7de.
MWdeJager2006-09-21 02:14:37

Thanks vir al die inligting.

Ek dink ek sal dit die 21ste maak, Fatty, ek sal jou hulp met die PPA waardeer, sal jou op hoogte hou van my reelings sodra ek 100% seker is van my datums.

Net een vraag, gaan die altitude verskil my bevoordeel of benadeel in 'n race?Wacko