Well our time in Spain is over and we're on our way back through France heading for the UK

We've seen many properties over the last week, some in very good condition and some in various states of disrepair.

Had a very informative meeting with Pedro Miguel the architect this morning and we are confident that what we want to do is do-able.

The area we are considering, having put the Camino route on hold for now, is an area that encourages foreign investment and has helpful laws regarding running any tourist related industry. They need money (and economic growth through new businesses) coming into the area and they are sensible enough to know how not to chase it away.

Exciting times ahead!

Today we're heading up to Paris. We will stay on the outskirts of Paris somewhere so that tomorrow we can visit the Palace of Versailles before heading to the tunnel :-)

What areas are you looking at with the relaxed laws for investment?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well our time in Spain is over and we're on our way back through France heading for the UK

We've seen many properties over the last week, some in very good condition and some in various states of disrepair.

Had a very informative meeting with Pedro Miguel the architect this morning and we are confident that what we want to do is do-able.

The area we are considering, having put the Camino route on hold for now, is an area that encourages foreign investment and has helpful laws regarding running any tourist related industry. They need money (and economic growth through new businesses) coming into the area and they are sensible enough to know how not to chase it away.

Exciting times ahead!

Today we're heading up to Paris. We will stay on the outskirts of Paris somewhere so that tomorrow we can visit the Palace of Versailles before heading to the tunnel :-)

That itch that the Captain mentioned...... It's starting under my feet  :blink:

What areas are you looking at with the relaxed laws for investment?

The main town in the middle of the area we have been looking, since changing from the Camino side of Spain, is called Ainsa. I will post some details about it once I get to a decent keyboard!

Hey Bonus, you've forgotten the most important part of your update -- What's the riding like?

Did you have a chance to view or drive the Pyrenees? :w00t:

Hey Bonus, you've forgotten the most important part of your update -- What's the riding like?

Did you have a chance to view or drive the Pyrenees? :w00t:

I haven't forgotten, I just don't know where to begin! I will post details after dinner :-)

The house we want overlooks the Pyrenees . . . .

I haven't forgotten, I just don't know where to begin! I will post details after dinner :-)

The house we want overlooks the Pyrenees . . . .

Schweeet! can't wait.

SAGecko - I love my life in SA and will miss it, but in the last ten days we've seen places and a way of life that, quite frankly, it would be rude to ignore! Lol

There you go, that sums it up. Sometimes people who haven't been lucky enough to experience life somewhere always says SA lifestyle can't he beaten. I beg to differ.

This is not aimed at anyone posting on here, just my personal experience.

A map of the area we were looking - we drove the roads marked in red and went to all the villages off of them (there are flippin loads!) 

And a few of the pics we took of the general scenery. Sorry there are not more or better ones but when you're there, everywhere you look is mountains, valleys, rivers, trails, greenness, sandy areas, dry river beds etc etc. You just can't photo everything ! 

Besides, I'm already "sold" on the on and off road cycling opportunities! :-)

post-4874-0-34033100-1434658776_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-10749400-1434658933_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-32756200-1434658986_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-57689200-1434659046_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-48404200-1434659139_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-72616300-1434659230_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-84591900-1434659263_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-97516900-1434659318_thumb.jpg

A few of the Pics were taken in France, the rest in Spain. Where we are looking, there are fantastic roads to ride if you want to do road riding. Hilly in places, and I'm talking about a false flat that goes on for 10 or 12 kms sometimes. And there are proper hills, where you climb from 600m to 1800m or more in quite a short length of time. Also, just across the border in France are 2 dozen Tour de France climbs of varying categories.

The off road riding is even better. There are trails everywhere. The town we want to be in is about to host this event:

post-4874-0-46794600-1434660099_thumb.jpg

And there are 20 official marked out MTB routes maintained by the council in lengths varying from 12km to 77km, some harder than others:

post-4874-0-20542700-1434660264_thumb.jpg

Amazing! It really looks amazing. Gee, I really hope you make your dream happen. Guarenteed you'll get a steady stream of hubbers through there.

Amazing! It really looks amazing. Gee, I really hope you make your dream happen. Guarenteed you'll get a steady stream of hubbers through there.

have to agree!

Bonus, did you do a language course before you went over ?

SAGecko - I love my life in SA and will miss it, but in the last ten days we've seen places and a way of life that, quite frankly, it would be rude to ignore! Lol

Sadly, my friend, Looks like we won't be taking that next Spruit ride any time soon but I must say that I admire what you are doing and I'm following this thread with a great deal of interest.

Sadly, my friend, Looks like we won't be taking that next Spruit ride any time soon but I must say that I admire what you are doing and I'm following this thread with a great deal of interest.

We're flying back to SA next week and I'll be there for a little while sorting things out. Will ride for sure - couldn't leave without saying goodbye mate! Remember, I'm the "nicest Speacialized Rider your buddy had ever met" lol