Today we used the renovation building plans to calculate which bits of our furniture will fit where. We now have a good idea of what to take with us - based on what will actually fit into our new house.

Next step will be to get our chosen shipping agent back to re-quote on what we've finally decided to take. Meanwhile Andrea is packing up ornaments and things . . . time is moving on!

Moving along nicely. Let the removal firm pack everything though. It saves sooooooooooo much time and effort.

We used Britannia, and the packers were excellent and certainly didn't skimp on the packing material Our 2 touring bikes (fully kitted Surly LHT) were bubble wrapped with about 10 layers before boxed in another 2 custom boxes they made on the spot. What would've taken us about 5 or 6 days took them just under one day.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jacques - I've heard good reports about the packing staff. We're just sorting into boxes which bits and bobs to take and which stuff will be going to the Salvation Army in Krugrsdorp. Everything will be packed properly by the people who know what they are doing when the time comes.

Slowly getting there. It's surprising how much stuff is tucked away in cupboards and just last night while splating a mozzie on the bedroom ceiling did it occur to me that we have some stuff up in the loft too!

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked our shipping company :-)

They arrive on 25th January to start packing and wrapping our things. Should take them two days and then on the third day a container will arrive at the gate for them to fill, which should take them 2 hours. 4 to 6 weeks later our container will be delivered to our storage unit in Spain :-)

I'll be taking my MTB with me on the plane. My road bike is already in the UK - I took it on the last trip :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Yep that's us! I saw the article the other day.

The Enduro World Series course last September consisted of a loop with our house right in the middle :-)

I will have to try out all the routes over time - and I'll post pics and vids as I go. I specifically want to find plenty of MTB XC routes and some shorter easier routes (and I know there are plenty) because not everyone is up for full on Enduro.

All the best Bonus and Wendy, will be following your adventure and maybe see you over there sometime!

Thanks. Would be a pleasure :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you've got enough guest rooms got the hubber invasion... Will work for camping space ;)

Pleeeease be all set up by Aug...I'm passing through that region of Spain/Pyrenees on a 3-month holiday

FF - for sure! Allow some time in our area to look around and ride the trails. Lots to see and it's a beautiful area.

Uni - an invasion would be great. There will always be a space somewhere for Hubbers!

:-)

FF - for sure! Allow some time in our area to look around and ride the trails. Lots to see and it's a beautiful area.

That's the plan  :thumbup:  I was going to swing North-East sooner (more or less through Andorra), but will extend further West. Likely 4-7 days in the area...