• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following along and still keep an eye for updates everyday - truly inspirational  :thumbup:

Oh and tombeej I have downloaded Dualingo and do a bit of Spanish everyday. It's quite popular with the expats too.

Can attest to the usefulness of Duolingo. Currently using it for Dutch.

Yep, I've been using Duolingo for French for the past 18 months...I've discovered this week I can actually READ some french and can follow the Classics with French commentary. Dans la roue, dans la roue! 

15-30mins every day works a treat.

Can attest to the usefulness of Duolingo. Currently using it for Dutch.

Living in The Netherlands or planning to move there? We have been here for 7 months now...

We have also been in the Netherlands for about a year now. Not as breathtaking as the Spanish countryside but we love being in Europe.

Still a Durban Boy though?

Living in The Netherlands or planning to move there? We have been here for 7 months now...

Moving to Ghent, Belgium next year. Duolingo doesnt offer Flemish so figured Dutch would be the logical segway and then I just speak with a stupid French accent and I will nail the Flem.

Moving to Ghent, Belgium next year. Duolingo doesnt offer Flemish so figured Dutch would be the logical segway and then I just speak with a stupid French accent and I will nail the Flem.

Ah Ghent, one of my favorite towns. Its beautiful and has relatively cheap restaurants, good choice.

Ah Ghent, one of my favorite towns. Its beautiful and has relatively cheap restaurants, good choice.

And the road racing culture throughout Flanders is a big plus. Its the major draw, but good cheap chow is also nice :D

How easy/difficult is it to get to your place? What are the closest transportation points? I.e. airport, train station etc?

I love these updates.. and that place.. man.. amazing. .

Were you able to get any info on how old the building is?

Maybe get one of those bush cutters for that slope of a lawn.[emoji6]

Edited by Gen

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Another update - made my day!

Love that wall in the background...looks like a fortress...

Solid Rock!

I love these updates.. and that place.. man.. amazing. .

Were you able to get any info on how old the building is?

Maybe get one of those bush cutters for that slope of a lawn.[emoji6]

It seems the building itself is between 150 and 200 years old Gen! The family that own the farm have been here for at least 450 years. Probably longer but they are not sure.

It seems the building itself is between 150 and 200 years old Gen! The family that own the farm have been here for at least 450 years. Probably longer but they are not sure.

That's something.