• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've learned our first Spanish swear word :-)

The word is "Hostia!"

It has a silent H (H is always silent in Spanish) so it's pronounced "Osteeya". It's not a BAD word - I suspect we can use English BAD swear words if we ever need to and we'll be understood just fine.

It's a sort of cross between "Dammit", "I don't believe it" and "Stone the crows!"

Ramon taught us it (by example of course) Rosa has fits of laughter when we use it mid-conversation.

haha we're fitting in here just fine :-)

Hi Bonus

Its actually blasphemy ( host ) but old Latin culture....

My Dad cursed and swore all the time, but he was a good guy :D

BONUS I going to have his hands full the day we all rock up at his place because of all the pics and videos he posts..

If you all come on the same day we will! lol

We need to take out a loan to help with the building costs of converting our "Barn" into a home and B&B business, so we had to employ an independent financial assessor to assess the property. He looked at the property some months ago but couldn't finish the assessment without planning permission being granted.

Now that we have planning permission he has finished the assessment and we talk to our first bank on Monday morning.

Meanwhile this weekend we must go though the builders quotes we have received and compare them . . . .

:-)

We've had an interesting week.

On Monday we saw the bank and things are looking fine there. The interest rate for borrowing over here is between 1.5% and 2.5% at the moment.

Then on Tuesday Wendy found an interesting website that explained and gave examples of typical contracts between Spanish builders and their clients. Some very useful stuff for us to be aware of.

On Wednesday we had a catch-up meeting with our architect to discuss a few things. We also spoke to him about two additional licences that Wendy had read about on the "Contracts" website.

The first is called the "License for first occupation" which is where, at the end of the build, they come and check that the building was built according to the drawings you submitted. The second is called the "License of confirmed functionality" which is the one that checks that the rooms we are building for the B&B part of the house are "fit for purpose".

They are both either free or have already been paid for when we paid the bill for the Planning Permission Certificate. 

Tomorrow we are looking at builders quotes to compare builders . . .  decision time ;-)

On Monday we saw the bank and things are looking fine there. The interest rate for borrowing over here is between 1.5% and 2.5% at the moment.

Then on Tuesday Wendy found an interesting website that explained and gave examples of typical contracts between Spanish builders and their clients. Some very useful stuff for us to be aware of.

On Wednesday we had a catch-up meeting with our architect to discuss a few things. We also spoke to him about two additional licences that Wendy had read about on the "Contracts" website.

The first is called the "License for first occupation" which is where, at the end of the build, they come and check that the building was built according to the drawings you submitted. The second is called the "License of confirmed functionality" which is the one that checks that the rooms we are building for the B&B part of the house are "fit for purpose".

They are both either free or have already been paid for when we paid the bill for the Planning Permission Certificate.

Tomorrow we are looking at builders quotes to compare builders . . . decision time ;-)

Soon soon, awesome stuff

Tomorrow we are looking at builders quotes to compare builders . . . decision time ;-)

Been a lot of slow steady progress! Chuffed that things are coming along so nicely for you guys!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

BONUS I going to have his hands full the day we all rock up at his place because of all the pics and videos he posts..

And may have to handle a few tears when some leave. I maintain that South Africa is the most beautiful country in the world but it seems that B&W has found the one place that rivals it for shear beauty!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk