• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha you guys make me laugh. But seriously I've always believed to pay it forward so if anyone came to us for any kind of help, after all the kindness we have been shown here how could we not do everything we could to help any or all of you out. We may not have much but we will know where to get it for you and will offer whatever we can.

I have never had so many folk do so much for me ever from calling in favours to finding cheap accommodation, a place for our furniture when the arranged storage went wrong, help with difficult neighbours and sending work my way (I teach English to a young chico) helping with eggs and wine and the list goes on.

It would be a sin not to pay any of this forward.

Any of your youngsters looking to travel and work in the ski lodges in Europe are welcome to come to us to start their journey.

Let us know guys.

I'm counting on you all coming to camp and squat.

Working on a dry stone wall at the top of our sloping back garden and I have two Eagles circling above me. #lovemylife

Lekker..

Working on a dry stone wall at the top of our sloping back garden and I have two Eagles circling above me. #lovemylife

Watching eagles while eating kooksisters with oom Frikkie!!

Following your journey and wish you well with all your future plans.

My father once said that if couples say they are saving to have children, they will never have enough. You just jump in and go or you will never go.

that 'one day' that never comes...

thanks for the info. Always a good read

Watching eagles while eating kooksisters with oom Frikkie!!

Following your journey and wish you well with all your future plans.

Oh what I wouldn't do for a koeksister actually now that you mention it.

We occasionally get fish eagles circling above our house.. it is very weird as we are about 15km from the river almost always see them when we go out riding, but it is really something special when you sit on your patio and all of a sudden hear their call.

Oh what I wouldn't do for a koeksister actually now that you mention it.

Wendy there could be a market for koeksisters in Spain.. ..lol.. although perhaps too sweet and unhealthy for the Spaniards. Edited by Gen

The Spaniards love deep fried sugar breads. They don't do syrup very much. I never used to be a fan of ye old koeksister but now I'm missing them. I will have to find a recipe. Oh and they usually eat this sugar bread with morning coffee. After dinner sweet is always fresh fruit in what they call old wine. A bit like a dark vermouth. Lighter than port. They eat the fruit then drink the juice. Then coffee and more sugar bread. Or chocolate coated sweet bread. I would imagine like a vetkoek. (Never tried one of those either)

The Spaniards love deep fried sugar breads. They don't do syrup very much. I never used to be a fan of ye old koeksister but now I'm missing them. I will have to find a recipe. Oh and they usually eat this sugar bread with morning coffee. After dinner sweet is always fresh fruit in what they call old wine. A bit like a dark vermouth. Lighter than port. They eat the fruit then drink the juice. Then coffee and more sugar bread. Or chocolate coated sweet bread. I would imagine like a vetkoek. (Never tried one of those either)

Interesting

They just need someone to introduce them to it I reckon. Nothing quite so lekker like a nice koeksister! Or the Cape equivalent to it for that matter.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

They just need someone to introduce them to it I reckon. Nothing quite so lekker like a nice koeksister! Or the Cape equivalent to it for that matter.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

I think you are right. I now need a foolproof recipe. On it!

Repairing and extending a Dry Stone wall at the top of the garden  "a work in progress"

Yes, it is meant to look like that! :eek:

post-4874-0-38641200-1490776449_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

I do take my hat of to you guys for taking such a bold step. 

And I am glad things are working out!!

When time for travel comes, I will definitely include you in the plans!!