I do take my hat of to you guys for taking such a bold step. 

And I am glad things are working out!!

When time for travel comes, I will definitely include you in the plans!! 

Will be good to meet you :-)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do take my hat of to you guys for taking such a bold step. 

And I am glad things are working out!!

When time for travel comes, I will definitely include you in the plans!! 

The barn is full, so dont expect to stay there. :whistling:

Hopefully Zuma is going to do the right things and we might get a chance to come through. :wacko:

On that note, if crossing the Med, which is the best port to use in Southern Spain ? Country to leave from in Africa?

Hopefully Zuma is going to do the right things and we might get a chance to come through. :wacko:

On that note, if crossing the Med, which is the best port to use in Southern Spain ? Country to leave from in Africa?

Yep. Will a tractor tube suffice? 

Do you know . . . everyone that has asked us for directions so far has either driven from northern Europe or flow here!

The South coast of Spain - particularly the bit closest to Africa, is a long way from here. Where in north Africa would you probably be?

Do you know . . . everyone that has asked us for directions so far has either driven from northern Europe or flow here!

The South coast of Spain - particularly the bit closest to Africa, is a long way from here. Where in north Africa would you probably be?

As things currently stand, Morocco, but algiers might work if things are calm when we leave. Also depends on the carnet du passage pricing.

As things currently stand, Morocco, but algiers might work if things are calm when we leave. Also depends on the carnet du passage pricing.

A friend of mine went to Morocco back in the winter on a motorcycle trip. I've asked him which Spanish port he went from.

Our snow only lasted a day or two on the ground down here in town, although I can see that there is still plenty up on the slopes of the mountains.

This guy is hanging around "just in case" I guess.

post-4874-0-10768000-1490822639_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

When Angel went to Morocco from Spain he caught the Algeciras (Spain) to Tangier (Morocco) ferry. He and a friends took a van carrying two MTB's and two motorbikes with them. The trip took less than an hour.

He suggested that if he went again though he would travel from Almeria to Nador which takes between 4 and 6hrs depending which company you use. If you choose a night crossing it allows for some "sleep time" on the boat.

I guess you'd have to weigh up whether you wanted more drive time on the Spanish mainland or more  ferry time allowing for some rest.

We were asked by the Bank Manager to take our UK passports into the bank on Friday so that he could make copies.

Hoping that this is the last check before they approve our top-up loan and we can GET ON WITH IT.

The record really is sounding stuck right now :-(

This clip of Peter Sagan riding the Stage 7 Time Trial at Tirreno-Adriatico (2017) reminded me of something we noticed when we got to Spain.

In the UK if you want to cross the road on a Zebra Crossing you walk up to the edge of the pavement, look both ways and very quickly cars will stop for you and you can cross safely.

In South Africa if you want to cross the road on a Zebra Crossing you walk up to the edge of the pavement, look both ways . . . wait for a gap in the traffic and run like hell. Safety is for sissies.

In Spain if you want to cross the road on a Zebra Crossing you walk up to the edge of the pavement whilst concentrating intently on your phone. Without looking either way you may walk straight out onto the crossing. It is the total responsibility of the vehicle driver to see you and to stop. There is no such things as "I couldn't stop in time". You must stop in time, end-of    :-)

On the plus side - when you are the pedestrian the same rules apply :-)

This morning we met with the bank manager, who helped us prepare our responce to some enquiries from the banks head office "Risk Dept". Then later we spoke on the phone with the nice lady at the risk office answering what are hopefully their last few questions. Tomorrow I have to check a couple of things with the builder and get the answers back to the risk dept.

Edit: I might actually phone the lady at the risk dept. from the builders house while I'm there and let them speak to each other!

#finalfewhurdles