There was heavy rain up in the mountains for 24 hours.....

It's difficult to imagine this is one of our swimming spots in the Summer time!

Thankfully the sun came back today and normal service was resumed :-)

post-4874-0-46244500-1604863913_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-28807100-1604863927_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you running that guest house / bnb you were dreaming of?

Ha - I wish! 

We have everything in place to build, but the banks, despite saying initially that they could, can't help us with finance.

We've started looking into private financing / private investors but it's not easy at the best of times and of course this year it's been even more tricky than ever. We have a thread on here about it:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/182710-bonus-wendys-monday-evening-private-investment-thread/

We're optimistic that we'll come right, and meanwhile we're keeping ourselves busy. We're working when possible, riding, walking and generally enjoying life and doing what we can "for free" on the project (gardens etc).

Let's see what the future brings . . . . . 

Ha - I wish!

We have everything in place to build, but the banks, despite saying initially that they could, can't help us with finance.

We've started looking into private financing / private investors but it's not easy at the best of times and of course this year it's been even more tricky than ever. We have a thread on here about it:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/182710-bonus-wendys-monday-evening-private-investment-thread/

We're optimistic that we'll come right, and meanwhile we're keeping ourselves busy. We're working when possible, riding, walking and generally enjoying life and doing what we can "for free" on the project (gardens etc).

Let's see what the future brings . . . . .

Ah, I had a read there now thanks, what kinds of guiding are you doing with people and in what areas?

Ah, I see.

The family wants to holiday in Spain when Covid and funds allow and of course I’m hatching to take the bike [emoji56]; it will be the road I’ll be looking at.

I was also thinking maybe Girona, is that a bit cliched? [emoji1]

Ah, I see.

The family wants to holiday in Spain when Covid and funds allow and of course I’m hatching to take the bike [emoji56]; it will be the road I’ll be looking at.

I was also thinking maybe Girona, is that a bit cliched? [emoji1]

haha yeah - a bit ;-)

Of course it really depends what exactly everyone wants to see/do on a trip here and what time of year you plan on coming. As you say, for the moment Covid (even if you had the cash) is the limiting factor.

We have some excellent road riding around here. The roads are in good condition and there's very little traffic. We are in the foothills of the Pyrenees though - so you get some amazing riding but not a lot of the flat easy stuff.....

If you start thinking about it seriously I'll advise as best I can. Feel free to drop me a message any time.

haha yeah - a bit ;-)

Of course it really depends what exactly everyone wants to see/do on a trip here and what time of year you plan on coming. As you say, for the moment Covid (even if you had the cash) is the limiting factor.

We have some excellent road riding around here. The roads are in good condition and there's very little traffic. We are in the foothills of the Pyrenees though - so you get some amazing riding but not a lot of the flat easy stuff.....

If you start thinking about it seriously I'll advise as best I can. Feel free to drop me a message any time.

Thanks I will do [emoji1303]

The views from the top are stunning and it's not a difficult place to get to. I'd recommend it to visitors. 

Edit:

In the first photo you can just see the tower of the church in the middle of the dam. The village of Mediano was lost when they flooded the valley. In dry season you can walk out to that church, in wet season only the top 2 meters of the tower are showing!   

post-4874-0-89323100-1605170875_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-56815600-1605170886_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-81838100-1605170895_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-32071900-1605170909_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

Sometimes unexpected things can become a major pain in the neck . . . . !

When I left SA to come to Spain, I came here via the UK. Flew to London, stayed in the UK for a couple of weeks and then drove down through France to northern Spain.

We didn't have a car lined up when I got to the UK but my son had been thinking about changing his car at the time, so I bought his car from him and he got himself a replacment. 

My over-keen grandaughter and my under-keen son helped me clean it before I left . . . .

post-4874-0-10355000-1605511930_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-90109900-1605511940_thumb.jpg

I was able to fill his/my car with stuff I had stored in the UK and drive it down here without any issues. 

post-4874-0-06156000-1605512174_thumb.jpg

We used the car here quite happily - despite the steering wheel being on the wrong side of the car - for a year or so including visiting some Grand Tours! This was taken at La Vuelta.

post-4874-0-09356000-1605512203_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus