Named after the German town Grabow, the small town of Grabouw sits about 1.5 hours drive away from Cape Town, in the vast Elgin Valley. Known for being the largest single exporter or fruits in Southern Africa, it has also hosted numerous mountain biking, trail running and other adventure sporting events over the years. As a results of this, the trail network seems to be never-ending and the backdrop never ceases to amaze.

Click here to view the article

where are these trails, are they open to the public?

keen to do all above

I've been to Lebanon with that forest, rocky narrow singletrack just above the forest, and flat singletrack toward the dam.

But what and where is that porcupine place and that other section you guys hike'd up to get to that white dry area.?

its a bargain and your Jonkerhoek season pass will get you in there if you have one

its a bargain and your Jonkerhoek season pass will get you in there if you have one

R20 gets you in, and 50% off for PPA members, its daylight robbery if you ask me

Missed the Xterra at Grabouw this year and some of those pics confirm I'll be back next year. The rock garden alone is work the trip from kzn.

I am so happy that I did the TruCape 50km race this past weekend so that I could finally see the beauty of the grabouw region.

It really is 1 of the most beautiful mtb races around the WC.

AWESOME, dig dan's rasta i'm not sponsored outfit too.

ps. that's not theewaterskloof dam, but eikenhof.