Let's help a child once again and support the SPCA

Wyatt Earp

Wayne all I have asked for is address where this takes off and other than buying tickets (18 at the moment confirmed) what else can be done to help give support to this cause. Not too difficult.......

I think you are misunderstanding Wayne. He meant that he will definitely be there. His comment was aimed at the Sheriff. Wayne is a respected Hubber. Chill.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are misunderstanding Wayne. He meant that he will definitely be there. His comment was aimed at the Sheriff. Wayne is a respected Hubber. Chill.

yeah. Sorry. My comment was aimed at wyatt.

Sounds awesome.  I only support animal charities. Which SPCA will the proceeds go to?

I will be away that weekend will there be a way I can support without taking part in the ride?  Just buying tickets and not showing will be a waste since not 100% goes to the charity.

I will find out for you guys, thanks .

I will be there.

I'm also in

Ride from home ? Meet at M&B ?

Families can join up there in support vehicles [emoji1]

Guys, I know this is going to sound pushy and forceful, but I urge every cyclist in the Jozi area to take this one day and set it aside for this cause .

Here is why :

As some of you may remember , last year many people were instrumental in making Jacques three innocent wishes a reality.

Young Jacques has had an absolute roller coaster ride since then.
With his condition drastically improving to being back in the hospital again.

We don't know what the future holds for him, we hope we belive and we pray for him, we know that Jacques is one tough customer , as he has proven to us all that know and follow his story .

I appeal to all my cycling friends and every single person with a bicycle to join us with the rest of the Bicycle Safety crew on the 31 st. of May at the Outdoor Expo to keep one of Jacques wishes alive and to keep the wheels of feeding the hungry animals in motion .

The entry in to the expo will be R 70 and every person who joins our ride (which will be a critical mass type ride on that day) and pays their R 70 entry in to the expo will be instrumental in helping to feed the animals.
The organisers of the event have decided to donate 60 % of all those tickets to the SPCA Midrand .

Every single one of you who has a bicycle and every family member with a bicycle, please feel free to join us on this day, we will be starting at 08:00 am. sharp .
We are aiming for no less than 200 hundred cyclists.

Let's help Jacques to fulfill his wish.
Jacques ,we all love you and we have you in our thoughts all the time .

post-4100-0-88789800-1431059029_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Wyatt, can we get tickets through you? Do we get them at the gate on the day?

If you go to http://www.gauteng.outdoorexpo.co.za/it says tickets are not yet on sale.

How do they know to donate part of our entry? Is it simply because we show up with our bikes on the day?

Did I miss where this is road or MTB?

Please let me know asap, want to get some of my colleagues behind it and I know these will be the first questions I get.

Hi Lurch

Tickets will be available on the day and they will monitor all the bicycles.

We will have early access to the venue on the day.

Any bike can be used ,it will all be on road but any bike to be used .

Hi Lurch

Tickets will be available on the day and they will monitor all the bicycles.

We will have early access to the venue on the day.

Any bike can be used ,it will all be on road but any bike to be used .

Awesome thanks.

Do you know if there will be somewhere secure to lock up bikes if we ride in? It's so close, it'll be a nice warm up ride.

Also, what sort of distance and pace are we looking at? (I am guessing not too far or too fast if we want the masses to do this..?)

It will be a very slow ride, like a Critical Mass .

I would suggest bringing a lock along .

Edited by Wyatt Earp

I will be bumping this thread lots.

It's time for us as cyclists to show we really care.

We also have a generous donation form a company called http://fines4u.co.za 

They have donated R 3000.00. to the cause   :clap:

I guess we could say they did a 'fine' thing...

Ok, maybe that was a bad pun, but I liked it ;)

For anyone who wants to pass it round, here's a template of what I mailed my colleagues:

======================================================================

Hi all,

On Sunday 31 May 2015, Bicycle Safety in conjunction with the Outdoor Expo are organising a family friendly (aka, short distance/slow pace) Critical Mass style ride in support of the Midrand SPCA.

Anybody riding will pay the normal expo entry fee of R70 (tickets at the gate), of which 60% will be given to the SPCA.

Ride will be a road ride, starting at 08:00, cyclists will have early access to the venue (Waterfall Polo Estate, Kyalami).

Pass on to anyone you know who may be interested.

Regards

======================================================================

This is little Jacques in hospital at the moment .

All alone ,his parents can only see him at 11:00 again, hopefully he feels better and then he can move in to the children's ward .

10268635_837530259655776_371549885157521