Cycle Lab Fourways

My business textbook says that your info is about 60 years out of date.  Just saying.

My balance sheet says different....

Working in a big corporate, salaries = no1 expense.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the OP these guys did a pretty horrid job on his bike, unfortunately he left it a bit late.

But what I want to chip in on are all the "home mechanics"

Yes it's pretty simple doing most things on a bicycle, doing to right is a whole different ball game, I see it often on bikes and I just chuckle to myself .

According to the OP these guys did a pretty horrid job on his bike, unfortunately he left it a bit late.

Yes it's pretty simple doing most things on a bicycle, doing to right is a whole different ball game, I see it often on bikes and I just chuckle to myself .

Totally agree, degree by google sometimes gives you just enough knowledge to actually do more harm

Popped piston membranes on shimano brakes being the classic dyi cockup, you must hundreds of those dangle...Pressfit BB's that got cocked up being another

Yep as Wyatt says....and in my experience, 15 years in the service/bike business, tells me that according to every YouTube mechanic, everything is "just a 5 minute job bru..." 

When my mechanic stuffs up my bike I can only be pissed off with myself, because I am the mechanic.

My balance sheet says different....

Working in a big corporate, salaries = no1 expense.

Absolutely. To be precise, this year 82% of our overhead is salaries. Staff of 80 people.

So its not like our office floor space is small either. People are expensive, simple. Well good people are. (cheap people are even more expensive in the long run!)

Again 100% agree. I thought the same, and tried to service my bike once. Rather get someone who knows how to do it properly. My road bike has been looked after well and because if said care. The cassette, chain etc.... all lasted more than 15 000km. Jockey wheels still going strong BB never been rebuilt and is 100% and its now more than 20 000km.

Get a good mechanic.

Edited by Patchelicious