Dome 2 Dome and Race for Victory 2015

Prince

I simply tried to give you advice on how I think you could get a better response from them, use it dont use it.

I am however not going to get drawn into a debate with someone who clearly not thinking rationally. Your statement above illustrates that.

Agreed that we disagree.

Just one question: Did you participate in the D2D?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Patch, if you had bothered to ready my initial segment, you would have realised that I have asked of them to apologise to the participants and sponsors.

But I can see that your are actually just trying to get a rise out of me.

Well played!

PS. At no time do I expect an individual response or commitment from FS. I am referring to the cycling community at large. As the standard response has now been received by several persons it is apparent that this is an auto-response.

OK, so Fusion Sports have:

a) Apologised for the bad experience that you had.

b) Acknowledged they encountered a few challenges.

c) Thanked you for your "valuable" feedback.

d) Taken note of said feedback and is trying to identify the problems to ensure that they are not repeated.

What more would you like? Your money back? That aint gonna happen...

OK, so Fusion Sports have:

a) Apologised for the bad experience that you had.

b) Acknowledged they encountered a few challenges.

c) Thanked you for your "valuable" feedback.

d) Taken note of said feedback and is trying to identify the problems to ensure that they are not repeated.

What more would you like? Your money back? That aint gonna happen...

Form auto-response received.

No real change expected as the auto-response is a dismissal.

No expectation to get money back or any re-imbursement.

Hopefully some realisation from the organisers that an apology to the participants is needed (not just me, but publically).

But, I see that, in general, most of you are loath to do anything about bad service and poor quality. It's easier to take me apart than stand up for yourselves.

How many of you that have bitched, moaned and agitated on this forum have actually lodged a complaint? Fine, take me apart. I can take it. Next year's events are already more expensive and will probably offer the same quality, if not less.

I will now retreat to my irrational place. Without hiding behind a Pseudonym.

This was my second D2D and most probably my last! I feel taken advantage of by the organisers! For that entry fee i expected much more, and then i was forced to pay R10 for parking! If things dont change they wont see me again!

Parking was horrible, everything was full of dust! The bathrooms smelled like a rotten corpse from far away, and they obviously did not feel it was necessary to clean up after the animals that had a lekker saturday afternoon at the picnic area, I was surprised at the litter on the lawns.

And I had to pour some warm coke into my bottle post race as there were no cups or volunteers... Very disappointed!

Form auto-response received.

No real change expected as the auto-response is a dismissal.

No expectation to get money back or any re-imbursement.

Hopefully some realisation from the organisers that an apology to the participants is needed (not just me, but publically).

But, I see that, in general, most of you are loath to do anything about bad service and poor quality. It's easier to take me apart than stand up for yourselves.

How many of you that have bitched, moaned and agitated on this forum have actually lodged a complaint? Fine, take me apart. I can take it. Next year's events are already more expensive and will probably offer the same quality, if not less.

I will now retreat to my irrational place. Without hiding behind a Pseudonym.

Dude, I'm not going to enter into a mud-slinging match with you.

All I am saying is that if you don't/didn't like the event, then hit them where it hurts the most, and don't enter again. Simple.

I find it strange that the folk on the Hub sit and mumble into their beards about the crap service at races then when someone actually tries to do something and get the cyclists to stand together they end up biting one another. I did D2D, experienced the same crap as everyone else has mentioned, and will not be going back for more. Whether the rest of you decide to let the organizers k!k in your hat so you can put it on you head and say " Thanks it fits much better now" and pay upward of R300 to do so is up to you. Fool me once....  

Dude, I'm not going to enter into a mud-slinging match with you.

All I am saying is that if you don't/didn't like the event, then hit them where it hurts the most, and don't enter again. Simple.

Stevie,

It's not about getting the race scrapped. That's just bad. For everyone who wants to race.

It about getting organisers to stand up and deliver. And publicly acknowledge when they mess up.

I have no mud to sling with you, or any other genuine cyclist. I just want the best bang for my buck, and as many, many folk have raised an issue with the event I have invited them to join me.

Call it a quest, a call-to-arms or whatever. It's about standing together so that we get noticed.

I am being aggressive on this because if this carries on and we stop attending events, these companies will die out and then there wont be aby more events. If the companies are willing to actively participate in proper dialogue and listen to what we, as cyclists, need in events, that's a different story.

An auto-response is not active dialogue.

I find it strange that the folk on the Hub sit and mumble into their beards about the crap service at races then when someone actually tries to do something and get the cyclists to stand together they end up biting one another. I did D2D, experienced the same crap as everyone else has mentioned, and will not be going back for more. Whether the rest of you decide to let the organizers k!k in your hat so you can put it on you head and say " Thanks it fits much better now" and pay upward of R300 to do so is up to you. Fool me once....  

Do we actually know what individual Hubbers actively do in feeding back and trying to influence a race? In such groups, you're likely to get support for the lowest common denominator. Extreme views tend to be considered exactly that, extreme.  

And maybe you're right, a collective voice may have more weight than individual ones. But for me, it's not so much the message I take exception with, it's the process adopted to date and to be blunt the messenger. And whilst we're at it, first-time posters who post grievances, are generally treated a little suspiciously......

Do we actually know what individual Hubbers actively do in feeding back and trying to influence a race? In such groups, you're likely to get support for the lowest common denominator. Extreme views tend to be considered exactly that, extreme.  

And maybe you're right, a collective voice may have more weight than individual ones. But for me, it's not so much the message I take exception with, it's the process adopted to date and to be blunt the messenger. And whilst we're at it, first-time posters who post grievances, are generally treated a little suspiciously......

You see FB, although I've been a member for a while, I'm what you'd call a lurker. I have not had much to throw my (rather large) weight behind because most I do not feel it pertinent to give an opinion when the outcome is irrelevant.

Hell, I even tried to start my own thread but admin decided that my post was better suited here (he should have listened to me!).

I do not need to hide behind a pseudonym. I may be brash, crude, rude, abrasive (just to name a few). Personally, I do not really care what you think of me. You're a little troll getting your kicks out of being suspicious of other users and treating them with disdain. Great ambassador for human tolerance and dignity, btw.

Personally, I'm glad that you and some others take offence to me. You know why? You frit around on this forum with your self-righteous attitude expelling vitriol and getting a little woody every time Scotty digs you. Well, I'll let you in on something: "Scotty doesn't know".

You want to know something else, I've actually had the balls to take this off of the forum and actively pursue the organisers. I've brought this to the forum so my fellow cyclists know that there is a problem. Together we can do something.

I'm more than happy to take your crap, because I've seen worse. At D2D.

We don't want the events stopped. We want the organisers to step up to the plate and give us a properly organised event.

I don't know. The cycling calender is so full, that we end up with big races on the same day. Shedding some of the crapper ones would be good IMHO. I would rather have fewer, but bigger and better rather than lots of small and crap...

Edited by GaryvdM

I don't know. The cycling calender is so full, that we end up with big races on the same day. Shedding some of the crapper ones would be good IMHO.

Can only agree with you to an extent, Gary. Not all races are accessible geographically to everyone. D2D is almost exception in that, for September, there is not much else that compares because it is a tough route. It's also in Gauteng. It just needs a bit of a wake-up call.

You see FB, although I've been a member for a while, I'm what you'd call a lurker. I have not had much to throw my (rather large) weight behind because most I do not feel it pertinent to give an opinion when the outcome is irrelevant.

Hell, I even tried to start my own thread but admin decided that my post was better suited here (he should have listened to me!).

I do not need to hide behind a pseudonym. I may be brash, crude, rude, abrasive (just to name a few). Personally, I do not really care what you think of me. You're a little troll getting your kicks out of being suspicious of other users and treating them with disdain. Great ambassador for human tolerance and dignity, btw.

Personally, I'm glad that you and some others take offence to me. You know why? You frit around on this forum with your self-righteous attitude expelling vitriol and getting a little woody every time Scotty digs you. Well, I'll let you in on something: "Scotty doesn't know".

You want to know something else, I've actually had the balls to take this off of the forum and actively pursue the organisers. I've brought this to the forum so my fellow cyclists know that there is a problem. Together we can do something.

Thanks for reiterating my point. You are perfectly and exquisitely self-defined, just as you are...

Wow, Class shown

Hope this makes you sleep better tonight

Seems like some feel a certain amount of entitlement having paid to do races and from what have recently read.. I expect a lot of unhappiness from the races yet to come!

I have yet to see a race that does not have issues, even those with full road closure still have issues on the day, the ones without more so.

The cost is actually insignificant in comparison to other sports that one enters and is not even the price of a new chain.

No one is forced to enter these races, if you feel it is too much for what you get, enjoy your training rides on those days as the routes will likely be quieter as others will be racing... as for me, I enter them just to push myself and see how I do under race conditions and only expect a timing mat at the start and finish... anything else is a bonus :)