The new BMC Teamelite 01 softer hardtail

News bot

Guest notmyname

There was the Ibis BowTi and the simpler SilkTi from the early 90's.

Moots still make the YBB.

Hmmmmmm. Moots. Dreamy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting edge tech, love it. Don't know how it can be compared to something from the 90's?? It would be like comparing a Current dual susser that "appears" to function the same as a Dual susser of the late 90's, based on looks...? Wish I could afford this frame, I'd buy it anytime.

This does look like a good compromise between lightweight and comfort for the racing snakes and weight weenies.I think this just might take off......or history might repeat itself.Guess we'll have to wait and see.

we really need a pro team on Ti bikes to add some spirit to the Ti game again.

that Moots........

I like the tech behind it, looks like it would work well.  But I agree with Marius - it's ugly.  And I'm a massive BMC fan, and have a BMC roadbike!

The previous TE01 looked dreamy, but this one does not float my boat.

EDIT - Maybe it just needs a better colour scheme?

Love it that they've made plan for xc race frames! that little video showing how it works is mint!

Not at all my type of bike, but deffo worth a look.

ummm, if Absolon is going to ride it, it will have to work.

i'm on the fence.. the look could grow on me

I quite like the concept. it seems to provide lateral stiffness and only vertical flex with minimal weight penalty and virtually zero maintenance, which is what you want from a suspension design. I don't think the idea is to replace rear suspension, it is merely an alternative for riders that would prefer something slightly more comfortable than a traditional hardtail. 

If I was a competitive marathon racer I would seriously consider this bike. 

I like riding my racing hard tail,.A smoother ride over the rough terrain would make it the ultimate in efficiency ,weight and responsiveness .i also ride a steel hard tail and the extra comfort compared to a racing carbon frame is noticeable .I would love to try this out