Mio launches heart rate watches and wristbands

News bot

For the past 30 years, heart rate monitors have helped millions achieve measured success during exercise. Whether for fitness, specific sports improvement, recovery from illness or weight loss, heart rate monitors have allowed men and women to understand and manage the duration and intensity of their efforts more effectively and achieve their desired results.

Click here to view the article

Bought the MIO Alpha 2 three months back.

What a pleasure not having to use the irritating chest strap.

Syncs up to smart phone, were I can view/make changes to setting from the smart phone. Once home turn on the App on the smart phone and your workout data is transferred. Having different color light flashing for different heart rat zone is also a nice feature.

Got a Mio Fuse for myself a few weeks ago. Loving it's ease of use.

It's difficult to sell something you don't have in stock and don't know how to use yourself... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

The Link and Velo looks like a nice cycling edition. Only problem I can see is that you will have to mount your phone on your handlebar to see your HR! That mounts never keep the phone steady or even breaks.

Hi Swart Kat, the device can show you a represntation of your HR. It is done so via a visible LED that has 5 colours that represents your HR and or MAX HR zones. For example a red would be 165 - 183 BPM and 85% -100% of your Max HR. It would have diffrent colours for the other zones.
www.bbt.mioglobal.co.za

I got myself the MIA ALPHA last year as cant wear a chest strap due signals not working like they should in my heart. At my last checkup at the cardio(September) I wore mine when they tested me on the treadmill and it was on par with there expensive equipment!

Do miss having just to look at my Garmin to see where I am.

When I'm my home trainer I use Smartphone with the app which picks up heart rate nicely then I put can put the phone in front of me to see what zone I'm in. 

Yes but without heart rate function.

My Garmin Edge 500 doesn't pick the signal from the watch.(unless im doing something wrong)Would be awesome though!

Why wear a HR strap? Feeling tired = slow down a bit. Feeling strong = speed up. I don't need a machine to tell me that!

used to think like that but since using it for endurance running training I have found it very useful..especially on marathons and ultra's...i can get an indicator if I am pushing too hard in the beginning...or more importantly if I am pushing too hard up a hill

whats the battery life on these? and why oh why do people not make things waterproof these days..or is it?

Water proof yes. Did the Herald cycle tour this year which was pretty wet!

As for swimming cant say never swam with it but im sure it fine as its a sealed unit.Charging is done via PC to docking station which fits it like you put on your wrist and underneath there is metal contacts which transfer the charge from charger to the battery.

Battery last me a few weeks on a charge.

Water proof yes. Did the Herald cycle tour this year which was pretty wet!

As for swimming cant say never swam with it but im sure it fine as its a sealed unit.Charging is done via PC to docking station which fits it like you put on your wrist and underneath there is metal contacts which transfer the charge from charger to the battery.

Battery last me a few weeks on a charge.

Aaah thought it was gps too..so battery life nor as critical then...sounds like you could swim with it then as my Garmin has similar charging setup Edited by Stretch

• 4 months later...

Yes but without heart rate function.

My Garmin Edge 500 doesn't pick the signal from the watch.(unless im doing something wrong)Would be awesome though!

Hi Jamex, it will work with your Garmin Edge 500, we ride with a Edge 500 ourselves as well.

just go to settings and pair new HR device, that simple. It works with ANT + so no issue in pairing. 

• 2 years later...